Who’s using an iPhone X without a case?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone X without case?

I would never have my phone without a case. Spending over $1k for a device and not protecting it is ludacris

No what's ludicrous is not being able to enjoy and feel the beautiful design of the phone because of a case. I find it ridiculous to try to keep the phone pristine only for the next buyer of your phone to enjoy. I haven't used a case since the 4s and I had every model since. Most of my phones were in good condition a year after. Now that I have IUP, I could careless for scratches for a phone I will eventually submit to Apple next year. And I have Apple Care! Enjoy your phone, yes it's $1K but we all know most of us are on some financing option and did not pay cash for it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPhone X without case?

No what's ludicrous is not being able to enjoy and feel the beautiful design of the phone because of a case. I find it ridiculous to try to keep the phone pristine only for the next buyer of your phone to enjoy. I haven't used a case since the 4s and I had every model since. Most of my phones were in good condition a year after. Now that I have IUP, I could careless for scratches for a phone I will eventually submit to Apple next year. And I have Apple Care! Enjoy your phone, yes it's $1K but we all know most of us are on some financing option and did not pay cash for it.

Different strokes. A case and screen protector allow me to enjoy my phones more than I ever could without.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have always gone with a case, but I am considering a bumper case and perhaps just a tempered glass back and front protection since my wallet is a pouch case so it will be protected except in use.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
It's nice naked and all but just not practical for someone that travels and is often climbing on equipment and being in places guaranteed to wreck a glass front and back device.

That said, the best, thinnest case for the X has to be the x-level. Look it up. Ten bucks on Amazon. Thinnest case you can buy that also has the buttons covered!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It's nice naked and all but just not practical for someone that travels and is often climbing on equipment and being in places guaranteed to wreck a glass front and back device.

That said, the best, thinnest case for the X has to be the x-level. Look it up. Ten bucks on Amazon. Thinnest case you can buy that also has the buttons covered!

I love these-style cases, there are a ton of them.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I envy those who go without a case. In my a five life with two young kids my phone would be destroyed. Case and screen protector. However I don’t have to use otter boxes so a nice slim case like speck or supcase will do. Still waiting on my dbrand grip to ship in the next month.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I can't take any phone without a case since most don't have the best grip. I always worry one day I will slip and screw myself haha. I usually just toss a Spigen case on it -- not some insanely huge bulky box.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
When I’m in the office looking at one of our customer’s phones that doesn’t have a case they are ALWAYS beat up and scratched up. While this makes ME cringe I realize the phones are just tools to these folks and as long as they function they just don’t care (or don’t care enough) whether they get beat up. I see it with customer’s laptops as well. While I try to keep mine pristine and pretty I see many with cracks, dings, dirt, food-in-the-keyboard...you name it.

Tech is just a utensil to many, barely more important than a fork, knife, or spoon. ...or at least that’s how it seems.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Wow... an iPhone X case less... considering the price for repairing it, I would consider that a showstopper.
Same for my iPhone 8 Plus: even if I have AppleCare, no way I would use a glass smartphone without a case.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Some really want to caress and see and use their expensive phone in its birthday suit nakedness and I can...at least...understand that. They want to enjoy all of the design of this costly gadget.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
For the occasions I want to experience my phone caseless I’ll throw on a skin. This particular skin goes around the edges and actually doesn’t stir up the OCD in me that usually can’t stand the slight imperfections that are almost always visible where the corners meet. 88A657C5-A4EE-4949-82A0-9F3E9EB31F56.JPG84B380DE-B4C4-4004-B8A1-FE601683F343.JPG

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77