Who’s ordering the new 2020 iPad Pro?

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It has 100% replaced my MacBook Air. I’m in real estate and can’t use public WiFi, which pretty much made my Mac “home use” only. I bought the cellular version and haven’t found anything I can’t do that I did on my Mac. My 10.5 iPad pro with Smart Keyboard never felt right because I had to reach up to the screen all the time. The magic keyboard is completely in sync with everything I need for work. I honestly hate that I love  so much.

Why couldn’t you use public WiFi? I’m in real estate and use public hotspots often. Just curious. I have the same setup though and just got my magic keyboard about 3 days ago. A total game changer.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Why couldn’t you use public WiFi? I’m in real estate and use public hotspots often. Just curious. I have the same setup though and just got my magic keyboard about 3 days ago. A total game changer.

I’m a licensed title agent. We have access to non-public private info. Lenders have tons of restrictions that we have to meet to interact with them. I would also not ever access my bank from a public WiFi. I just feel better using cellular. I might be too careful but, my company is on the line so I play it extra safe. I also might be delusional to think any of it is safe. LOL

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I’m a licensed title agent. We have access to non-public private info. Lenders have tons of restrictions that we have to meet to interact with them. I would also not ever access my bank from a public WiFi. I just feel better using cellular. I might be too careful but, my company is on the line so I play it extra safe. I also might be delusional to think any of it is safe. LOL

totally understandable. I use a VPN when I log in to hotspots, I do property appraisals and sales.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I was going to get a 12.9" 256gb and MK but got a 2020 i3 MacBook air instead, saved over a $1kAUD here. My wife has my 2018 11" iPad pro.
Not paying over $589 for a keyboard with no volume/brightness keys. Then have to still use a case when you take it off.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I got the 12.9 and for a hot minute thought I should have gotten the 11, for portability. Then I saw a comment that said “get the bigger size if it’s a computer that you sometimes use as a tablet and the smaller size if it’s a tablet that you sometimes use as a computer”. I rarely ever grab it as a tablet because I have the larger phone. I also don’t notice eye strain as much with the larger size. Hope that helps!

I ended up ordering the 11”, Magic Keyboard, and Pencil. I’ll give it a whirl and see how it goes. I have a feeling I’m going to want the 12.9”. If it can’t fully replace my windows desktop I’ll probably go the MacBook Air or Pro route. I had a 13” 2019 MacBook Pro but returned it after 2020 came out then thought ill give the iPad Pad a try. Have never owned an Apple computer, only iPhones. I’m able to do most of what I need to on my phone so the more economical noice would be the MacBook Air. We shall see...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I ended up ordering the 11”, Magic Keyboard, and Pencil. I’ll give it a whirl and see how it goes. I have a feeling I’m going to want the 12.9”. If it can’t fully replace my windows desktop I’ll probably go the MacBook Air or Pro route. I had a 13” 2019 MacBook Pro but returned it after 2020 came out then thought ill give the iPad Pad a try. Have never owned an Apple computer, only iPhones. I’m able to do most of what I need to on my phone so the more economical noice would be the MacBook Air. We shall see...

I ended up ordering the 12.9-inch cellular model. I’ll see how long I keep it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just as the title says....who’s ordering? I’ve been in my own little bubble and wasn’t even aware these are being shipped next week. I’m on the market for a new iPad, so I might just get one of these. Haven’t had a new iPad since the Mini 2.

For the record, I’m solely blaming “you” for my recent purchase of the new 12.9-inch iPad Pro cellular model, especially since I have no justification for it....(laughing)....Darn you for creating this thread. ...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I’m solely blaming “you” for my recent purchase of the new 12.9-inch iPad Pro cellular model, especially since I have no justification for it....(laughing)....Darn you for creating this thread. ...

I definitely take responsibility for my enabling behaviors

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I definitely take responsibility for my enabling behaviors

I was completely content with my iPhone, MacBook Pro, HomePod, TV 4K, Magic Mouse, Magic Pad 2, and original 9.7” iPad Pro....but noooooo, you had to jumpstart my curiosity which caused me to make an impulse buy. That is just plain mean, Nikki...

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Glad to see it wasn't just me. I was one click away from a new iPad no less than 10 times and just couldn't pull the trigger. After all, my 2018 11" Pro was fine, it did what I needed it to. Yet I ended up selling the 11 and going with the 2020 12.9" Pro cellular model after lurking in this thread for a couple weeks. Damn you Verizon and your 0% interest device payments. That and $10 bucks a month for the unlimited line.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m really enjoying my new iPad Pro, especially in conjunction with my Apple Trackpad 2. This is awesome.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
TLDR - older devices. Need to upgrade computer, iPad and iPhone. That's an expensive adventure all in one year.

Mid-2013 MacBook Air, 2014 Mac mini, and iPad Air 2. All older devices with the latest MacOS and iOS updates. The MacBook Air and iPad Air 2 are devices purchased for the kids, and have now come back to me as they have moved on to newer ones. Support is clearly over for all.

The Air battery can't hold a charge for more than a few hours when off charger and in active use. The iPad Air 2 is functional, but slow. I don't use the Mac mini that much anymore given that I can do most things that require a full desktop browser or non-iOS app on the Air. TurboTax is the main app that I've been using on the Mini. While I understand that TurboTax is available for iOS and iPad OS, during tax season, I'm having a hard time imagining working on taxes on a single and relatively smaller screen.

Currently have 2 x 34" wide screen monitors for work/home use. I just swap out the HDMI cable as needed between work laptop and the Mini, but that is a relatively rare event now given I can do most things non-work on the Air or iPad/iPhone. In addition to the older devices listed, at some point this year I'll probably need to update from the iPhone 8+. Battery Health is 90%, which is still good given I purchased the phone in September, 2017. AppleCare is also over for that one.

Ideally I'd like to update the Air, iPad and iPhone this year; but that's an expensive endeavor and not sure something we want to do. As someone who works in IT, I need to run virtual machines, and at this time I'm not aware that iPad OS can do that, so that probably narrows down the priority somewhat to an Air or Mac mini. I am wondering what new iPad OS capabilities and features will be revealed at WWDC. I am also impressed by what the iPad has become now that it runs iPad OS and would like to use the Apple Pencil along with the other iPad OS features.

Last edited:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Got to my office today to find it boarded up with the National Guard standing out front. It’s a block from our statehouse. Needless to say, I’ve spent the better part of the day, at home, working from my MacBook Air, iPhone AND my iPad Pro... simultaneously. LOL! Other than my cloud based work software not being fully integrated for iPad, I’d say the 2020 Pro wins. Thanks !

May 12, 2020
Visit site
I just ordered my 12.9 iPad Pro Sprint version and it's coming Monday. My Apple Pencil came today from Apple, I guess I will be ready when my device officially comes. As an artist that's done only traditional, I'm excited to do some digital artwork

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR