Who’s loving their iPhone 12 Mini?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Who’s loving their 12 mini? I think it’s the best iPhone yet with its unique size and shape. It took a while to get use to but now it’s like I never left my iPhone 5.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: 12 mini

I like it a lot. Granted, I carry it for a third line that I have so it's not a "daily driver" for me. I did use it as my main device for this first week I got it just because and it was really nice.

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

I really like the 12 mini, it’s my personal daily driver and it’s everything I need in a phone. I have other devices at my disposal that I use daily as well. My iPad mini 5 being one of them. Coming from a pixel 3 I wanted a smaller phone and Apple just delivered with mini. I hope they keep the line going. It’s a very niche product but I think Apple got some sales they wouldn’t have gotten if the mini wasn’t released. Just my opinion.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I really like the 12 mini, it’s my personal daily driver and it’s everything I need in a phone. I have other devices at my disposal that I use daily as well. My iPad mini 5 being one of them. Coming from a pixel 3 I wanted a smaller phone and Apple just delivered with mini. I hope they keep the line going. It’s a very niche product but I think Apple got some sales they wouldn’t have gotten if the mini wasn’t released. Just my opinion.

I’m glad you are happy with your mini! I know that a lot of people have been excited about it. I think sales would have been even better had Apple not released the SE earlier in the year.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I like it, and there is nothing that I can't do with it that I normally do with phones.
One exception: I'm trying to migrate from Evernote to Apple Notes. The notes that I created in E come across with a tiny font on Notes on the mini. I can barely read them. I can, on the (regular) 12. So I'm still undecided. In general, I prefer the small form factor of the mini, but if I can't read some of my notes.....:confused:

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Told two of my long time clients who where looking for a smaller device about the new Mini and they both ended up buying one and one even bought 12 for his engineering group and said they love the smaller forum factor.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I was going to get one, but $779 for 128GB is ridiculous. It should be the same price as the SE 2.

Seriously? It’s a smaller version of the 12 with exactly the same specs, and $100 cheaper!

The SE 2020 is a great phone, but nowhere near the spec level of the 12 mini. Not even close, hence the price difference.

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased a 12 mini in place of my 12 pro (which I'm selling). I like the size a lot better. Before that I had an iPhone X. I couldn't get over the phone getting any bigger. Just need a nice rugged battery case now. I love this thing so far.

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I haven't been here on imore for a while but I remember your username lol. Glad to see you're still around here. I agree. Just because a phone is smaller doesn't make it less capable.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I like it, and there is nothing that I can't do with it that I normally do with phones.
One exception: I'm trying to migrate from Evernote to Apple Notes. The notes that I created in E come across with a tiny font on Notes on the mini. I can barely read them. I can, on the (regular) 12. So I'm still undecided. In general, I prefer the small form factor of the mini, but if I can't read some of my notes.....:confused:

Can’t you increase the font?
Vinny

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Can’t you increase the font?
Vinny
Of course this is possible.
However, when having to quickly check notes, it is cumbersome to first fiddle with the font to make it readable, in particular in case of mixed data types like text, tables, maybe drawings etc., which sometimes corrupts layouts and makes it even harder to read.
So, on the mini, I can't read converted Evernote-pages as they are, without messing around. On the 12, I can read them as they are.
Unfortunately, there is no option to "bulk-edit" these notes to eg. change the font globally. This would not solve the layout issues, but would help for a start. Not gonna happen though.
But to be clear, this is not a huge problem. I still like the mini a lot.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Had mine since launch. On the fence. Love the size and a ne-handabillity... But my eyes must be getting bad :) :(

Went to apple to store to ask if my 12 mini can be traded in for a different size 12 and they said no.

Guess I’ll wait for the 13. I just increased the font size in settings by one notch to tie my over.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2