Who’s getting the iPhone 13 / 13 Pro / 13 Pro Max?

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey so I got a bit nuts today and broke out the measuring tape. Turns out, while the phone is physically smaller than the 11, same size as the 11 Pro roughly (like 2mm taller) the screen on the two really are the exact same dimensions. So I'm cool with that. I double checked the 13 Max vs the 11 Max and the 11 and the 13 Pro Max definitely would have been big still. It's only marginally smaller than the 11 Pro Max

Thanks for sharing!

“I got a bit nuts today…”

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Didn’t wanna do it, but I said ehhhh what the hell, why not! Ordered the Sierra Blue, don’t know why I did that because it reminds me of a casket color, LOL! Oh well, I keep a case on it anyways!

What made me choose to do it is the refresh rate, it makes the phone function ALOT smoother!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Didn’t wanna do it, but I said ehhhh what the hell, why not! Ordered the Sierra Blue, don’t know why I did that because it reminds me of a casket color, LOL! Oh well, I keep a case on it anyways!

What made me choose to do it is the refresh rate, it makes the phone function ALOT smoother!

Lol what? I usually think of caskets as wood or black or maybe white occasionally.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the 13 Pro in Sierra Blue with 256 GB. The complication for me was that I was traveling on 9/24 so I waited all day on 9/17 until it went on back order and then placed the order. It was supposed to arrive Oct 18-25, but I was notified that it was now changed to Wed Oct 6. As often happens, Apple under-promises and over-delivers on pre-order shipments.

I'm upgrading from a 64 GB iPhone X. I had originally planned to upgrade last year but I wasn't wild about the 12 series, had no need for a better camera during COVID-19, I live in the socks so 5G meant nothing to me, and felt that I could wait a year, hoping for better 65G radios, better battery life, and even better cameras. Good choice on my part. I decided to bump to 256 because I've been struggling with 64 all year now. Even with optimized storage for photos and music I have apps being off-loaded due to storage capacity issues. Now I'll be able to carry my whole music library and apps and still have plenty to spare for the three years before I upgrade again.

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Lol what? I usually think of caskets as wood or black or maybe white occasionally.

I’ve seen many caskets for men in this color
a084fd357b1847e33def1a4e6fd0dac7.jpg

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Wasn’t going to upgrade my 12 Mini, but I’m finding I was squinting more and more and having to use display zoom… gotta love mid 40’s life lol… so went BIG and got the 13 Pro Max. Glad I did. Other than being bulky in pocket.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Got the 128gb Graphite on launch day but have been waiting for the silver to become available online for in store pickup. It just became available so bought the 128gb and will trade in my 11 Pro. Glad I’ll be able to return my Graphite within the 14 day window.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Ugh. I see a 1TB Sierra Blue iPhone 13 Pro Max is available in an Apple Store 247 miles away (3 hour, 45 minute car drive one-way). I've been hoping to be able to trade in my Sierra Blue 512GB iPhone 13 Pro max for the 1TB model before the 14 day exchange period is over, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to since the 14 day return period ends tomorrow.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got an alert that Apple has charged my card for the taxes and now the Apple Store app is now displaying preparing to ship. ;)

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Got the 128gb Graphite on launch day but have been waiting for the silver to become available online for in store pickup. It just became available so bought the 128gb and will trade in my 11 Pro. Glad I’ll be able to return my Graphite within the 14 day window.

Well funny story… I went in to return my graphite 13 Pro and pickup the silver 13 Pro. I walked out with the graphite 13 Pro Max. I had actual anxiety about having a white phone even though I thought I wanted it. It was too “loud” for me. Those three camera’s were boldly staring at me. They just seem less on the graphite.

So here I am with the 128gb 13 Pro Max. Never had a Max before, never thought I’d even try one. After 12 hours with, I’m not hating it. A lot to be determined yet but initially like the larger real-estate for typing. Everything else, we’ll see.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well funny story… I went in to return my graphite 13 Pro and pickup the silver 13 Pro. I walked out with the graphite 13 Pro Max. I had actual anxiety about having a white phone even though I thought I wanted it. It was too “loud” for me. Those three camera’s were boldly staring at me. They just seem less on the graphite.

So here I am with the 128gb 13 Pro Max. Never had a Max before, never thought I’d even try one. After 12 hours with, I’m not hating it. A lot to be determined yet but initially like the larger real-estate for typing. Everything else, we’ll see.
It’s great at first when coming from a 6.1” but at some point you grow to miss the smaller version. At least you have another 13 days.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
It’s great at first when coming from a 6.1” but at some point you grow to miss the smaller version. At least you have another 13 days.

I think deep down I know I will go back but it has been mostly positive so far. You’re right… thank goodness for the return policy.

I appreciate the feedback. Was going to ask about those who have gone to the Max and come back. You obviously prefer the smaller footprint. What is your history with the Max vs smaller versions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think deep down I know I will go back but it has been mostly positive so far. You’re right… thank goodness for the return policy.

I appreciate the feedback. Was going to ask about those who have gone to the Max and come back. You obviously prefer the smaller footprint. What is your history with the Max vs smaller versions?

When Apple introduced the iPhone X, I knew in my heart that was the perfect size for my liking and when I ended up buying the 11 Pro Max, I knew that would be the last max sized iPhone for me for a while. My current iPhone 12 Pro is perfect for me and when I finally decided to get the newest model, I didn’t give a second thought to getting the iPhone 13 Pro.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

When I first came to Apple I did a 6s+ then 7+. Then I did the X because I had to have that new design. I like everything except the screen was just a bit too small for me. So when I upgraded it was the 11 Pro Max. Was definitely nice to have the larger screen but of course the physical handling is a lot worse. I ended up being given a standard 11 as a work phone and the screen still seemed a good size.

Now I have the non Max 13 Pro and I think it’s perfect. The 6.1 is a good compromise and with the physical redesign from the 12 and 13. With the square sides the 6.1 inch screen phones are the same physical size essentially as the older 5.8” phones but with the larger screen.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
When Apple introduced the iPhone X, I knew in my heart that was the perfect size for my liking and when I ended up buying the 11 Pro Max, I knew that would be the last max sized iPhone for me for a while. My current iPhone 12 Pro is perfect for me and when I finally decided to get the newest model, I didn’t give a second thought to getting the iPhone 13 Pro.

Appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Great stuff!