Who’s getting the iPhone 13 / 13 Pro / 13 Pro Max?

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Apple/T-Mobile are going to have to do better then what their currently offering for my 11 Pro Max 256 gig for me to get the 13. Or I’ll dump Tmo and go back to VZW if they can make a better deal.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ordered my iPhone 13 pro max, and my wife an iPhone 13 pro, Sierra Blue. They are replacing our iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro. Not that I’m superstitious but I was thing of skipping the 13. But since I might retire this year or early next year I decided to go for the new phones while I could afford them.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
These carrier promotions come with gotcha's! Read the fine print. NEVER will I buy from a carrier again!
Just get it from Apple, pay up front in full if you can (or use a credit card with points and pay it off!) And enjoy freedom with no strings attached.
Don't need your old device? Sell in Swappa and net FAR more than any of these carriers give in discounts, back in cash! Play the cards right and you have a new device in hand every year with no payment and the cost of ownership is far less. Statement credits over 24 (sometimes 36 months) AND the phone is carrier locked? They can shove it! ;)

If you live within reasonable driving distance and want to save sales tax plus 3% use ZIP 19711, pick up at Christiana store and pay with Apple Card! That's for the daredevil cheapskates out there braving the lines on release day. I used to do that being only an hour drive to save 6% sales tax but with this pandemic I just eat the 6% and have it shipped. The convenience is nice too.

Ordered my iPhone 13 pro max, and my wife an iPhone 13 pro, Sierra Blue. They are replacing our iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro. Not that I’m superstitious but I was thing of skipping the 13. But since I might retire this year or early next year I decided to go for the new phones while I could afford them.

Smart move!

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
Apple/T-Mobile are going to have to do better then what their currently offering for my 11 Pro Max 256 gig for me to get the 13. Or I’ll dump Tmo and go back to VZW if they can make a better deal.

Verizon is offering $1000 towards the 13 series. You have to either stick with them for 24 or 30 months to receive the credit. I would rather pay outright and take my device wherever I see fit if I want to change carriers.

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
These carrier promotions come with gotcha's! Read the fine print. NEVER will I buy from a carrier again!
Just get it from Apple, pay up front in full if you can (or use a credit card with points and pay it off!) And enjoy freedom with no strings attached.
Don't need your old device? Sell in Swappa and net FAR more than any of these carriers give in discounts, back in cash! Play the cards right and you have a new device in hand every year with no payment and the cost of ownership is far less. Statement credits over 24 (sometimes 36 months) AND the phone is carrier locked? They can shove it! ;)

If you live within reasonable driving distance and want to save sales tax plus 3% use ZIP 19711, pick up at Christiana store and pay with Apple Card! That's for the daredevil cheapskates out there braving the lines on release day. I used to do that being only an hour drive to save 6% sales tax but with this pandemic I just eat the 6% and have it shipped. The convenience is nice too.

Smart move!

I live 2.5 hours from this Apple store, so I would definitely bite the 6% sales tax, unless I turn it into a road trip and stay overnight

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that's too far for sure. If traffic is good I can make the trip in 50 minutes. And with extended early hours it's a good start to my Fridays. Last time I did it (2019, iPhone 11 Pro Max) it was a cluster-F for sure. I didn't have my phone in hand until lunch time, over two hours past appointment time!

I did make a day trip at Atlantic City in 2015. Had to pay tax, but that was the only Apple store within reasonable distance (2.5 hours) that had the one I wanted on release day. I remember the horror of not getting a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus until after Thanksgiving from the year before. And the weather was nice for the boardwalk. The Atlantic City Apple store is in an interesting place.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's too far for sure. If traffic is good I can make the trip in 50 minutes. And with extended early hours it's a good start to my Fridays. Last time I did it (2019, iPhone 11 Pro Max) it was a cluster-F for sure. I didn't have my phone in hand until lunch time, over two hours past appointment time!

I did make a day trip at Atlantic City in 2015. Had to pay tax, but that was the only Apple store within reasonable distance (2.5 hours) that had the one I wanted on release day. I remember the horror of not getting a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus until after Thanksgiving from the year before. And the weather was nice for the boardwalk. The Atlantic City Apple store is in an interesting place.

It was an interesting store to say the least, if it’s the one that was in a little hole in the wall mall, it’s no longer there. It’s been gone for quite some time now, at least 5 yrs.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

Smart move!

I ordered once from ATT but never again. There were no problems but it just didn’t feel right. Except for the one time I have always gotten my iPhones and iPads directly from Apple. Once I even went the local Apple store at 5:30 and stood in line.

Another time I drove by the same store on launch day in the afternoon. Said if there was an empty parking space I would stop. Found a space, walked to the store and to my surprise they still had the model I wanted.

huff825

May 22, 2016
Visit site
iPhone 11 Pro Max to iPhone 13 pro max. 5G and my lucky number is 13 are my justifications. Going with graphite and 256 GB. I’ll see if I can keep this one for more than 2 years.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I caved!! Just pre-ordered the iPhone 13 ProMax 256 gb in Sierra Blue. Won’t be here for about 3 weeks though.

This is the first time ordering a phone without trading in current one. Hopefully I’ll be able to sell the 11 ProMax easily!!

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
This... except I did not stick with the 12 pro and upgraded. Darn Apple addiction!!! :biggrin:

I say the same thing every year and end up upgrading. The 11 series is the first iPhone I skipped. The 13 Pro Max will be the second. The funny thing I was typing 13 but 23 popped up. I can’t imagine saying “I’m going to preorder the 23 Pro Max

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Verizon is offering $1000 towards the 13 series. You have to either stick with them for 24 or 30 months to receive the credit. I would rather pay outright and take my device wherever I see fit if I want to change carriers.

Yeah, being under a contract ain’t gonna happen.

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
Yeah, being under a contract ain’t gonna happen.

The 12 series is the first phone I’ve never had under a contract, and it feels so good to not be tied to a carrier. I can go wherever I please. Yes the purchase was expensive, but it was so worth it.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I just check my UPS account. My 2 phones are on the way. Apple still shows they are preparing to ship but this normal.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I just check my UPS account. My 2 phones are on the way. Apple still shows they are preparing to ship but this normal.

Sad thing is they will arrive in Kentucky tomorrow night and sit there until Thursday AM before getting sent to final delivery address! They definitely do NOT deliver before release date. The chances of getting it early are probably as rare as a 1943 penny made of copper. ;)

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Sad thing is they will arrive in Kentucky tomorrow night and sit there until Thursday AM before getting sent to final delivery address! They definitely do NOT deliver before release date. The chances of getting it early are probably as rare as a 1943 penny made of copper. ;)

They used to deliver early a few years back. Some would slip through the cracks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradkdoesntcare