Whitestone dome screen protector

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys. I thought i would do a review on the Whitestone Dome screen protector for the Iphone X for anyone that might be in the market for a good screen protector so here goes :)

So my whitestone dome screen protector arrived today. First impressions were not good after i opened the box and found that the included UV lamp was not working as it seems the port was broken and as a result i was unable to plug in the micro usb cable. I decided to open it up and managed to fix it within a minute or two however so all was well.

Installation was easier then expected. You only get one shot at installing this i believe so the process itself was a little nerve wrecking. Thankfully it was easier then expected and everything went smoothly. Once you ensure the screen is dust free and you get the liquid centred then the alignment tool does the rest.

The result is a screen protector that is aligned perfectly. No bubbles either :) Its an edge to edge screen protector and the clarity is so good that you cannot even tell you have a screen protector on there. The only time its noticeable is when you look at the area around the notch.

So far its holding up to fingerprints as well as the original screen does and the feel / touch sensitivity is the same. I also use a defense lux case and have had no issues using it. There is about a .5mm gap most between the case and the protector.

Wether or not its worth its asking price is debatable i guess (same can be said for the x too) but if you want a screen protector that fits perfectly, looks great and feels just like the original glass then this is one protector i would highly recommend.

Sadly i cannot upload pics as my web cam does not have the quality to show the screen protector up close. I obviously cant comment on how well its gonna hold up to marks and bangs etc either but it does feel well made and iam confident it will do a good job. Time will tell :)

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I've never heard of this brand until this year and just ordered one for my curved glass display

I definitely recommend them anyway. Looks great and feels great on the device! Difficult to justify the price tag but i guess the included alignment tray/uv lamp that help you perfect the install are all factored in to the price. I initially had an issue with the uv lamp and the guys i bought from sent out another immediately without any questions asked. In the mean time i got the uv lamp working and did the install so i now have a brand new one as a spare so i kinda ended up getting two for the price of one which was awesome ha

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I love how the UV Lamp looks just like a Apple Magic Mouse. I do find it kinda concerning about how many warnings they give about using a case with the screen protector that it might be a problem.
81Zr0CzdsUL._SL1500_.jpg

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've got one of those being delivered today for my note 8. I'm pretty excited about it actually. Using an IQ Shield right now but there's nothing like glass

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I love how the UV Lamp looks just like a Apple Magic Mouse. I do find it kinda concerning about how many warnings they give about using a case with the screen protector that it might be a problem.
View attachment 121186

Iam using a case with mine and theres no issues. The rounded edge is exaggerated in the pic above though! You will feel a slight sharpness from my experience but its fine and not bothersome like other protectors! Its the best protector i have ever seen on a phone anyway and def the best i have used! Deals with fingerprints like the original glass panel too