White Iphone

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was planning to preorder a White Iphone 4s . before I make my mind to do it , could any body give some funtional difference between a white iphone4 and black iphone4 other than personal preference.

Would White iphone get more dirty ? or any fading of color ? Which one would show the dust / dirt ? ( I work in test enviornment)

Thanks for reading the thread.:D

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I have the white iPhone 4 and it looks the same as it looked when I open the box. No fading or anything. Clean as can be. Haven't notice no extra dirt anywhere.

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I have the white iPhone 4 and it looks the same as it looked when I open the box. No fading or anything. Clean as can be. Haven't notice no extra dirt anywhere.

Ditto. Posted about this in another thread, I've got a screen protector on but it still looks as good as new. Also I may be biased but my dad has a black iPhone 4 and I don't think fingerprints show up as much on mine as they do on his. ;)

aandrewalv8

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a black iPhone 4 and then now I have a white one and the fingerprints show up more on the Black one. I have the ghost armor on my white one and its made the phone appear less white due to dirt going on the ghost armor. Overall they're the same.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I personally think the iPhone in white is for non business use, and the black is for business use, but its whatever you like :)

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge, fingerprints show up less with the White iPhone 4.

I agree with Optic Dev. I have a black iPhone and my girlfriend has a white one. I'm always afraid to use hers if my hands are dirty, but it really doesn't pick much grime up on the phone. I've seen other white phones with much poorer luck but the white iPhone stays clean fairly well.

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The advantage the white iPhone has over other white electronics is that it's made of glass rather than plastic, so it doesn't discolor the way other phones may. From my experience I haven't seen a discolored white iPhone 4 (I can't say the same for the plastic cased 3GS though). Other than that they are both functionally the same.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really a fan of the white iPhone. I don't really like electronics or anything in white much. I feel like they get dirty and old looking faster. Although it is storm trooperesque. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my 4S in white! To you guys and gals that have had them in white before does the white hide minor scratches better than the black? I had some sand and dust stuck under the top edge of my Otterbox defender and made some minor scratches and pitting on the top right above my screen on my 4 and the reason I ordered white this time is looking at the scratches it seems if it was on white instead of black you would have a really hard time seeing them. Am I crazy or will the white hide some minor scuffing etc better than the black does?

furygoalbrtis39

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my 4S in white! To you guys and gals that have had them in white before does the white hide minor scratches better than the black? I had some sand and dust stuck under the top edge of my Otterbox defender and made some minor scratches and pitting on the top right above my screen on my 4 and the reason I ordered white this time is looking at the scratches it seems if it was on white instead of black you would have a really hard time seeing them. Am I crazy or will the white hide some minor scuffing etc better than the black does?

To my knowledge the White iPhone hides scratches better than the black, unless it gets scuffed with a black case or something

Reactions: Turbo_lemon

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I've had the 3GS in black and white and my iPhone 4 is black by default (got launch day)...I personally like white better. It's not as common and I like to be different. Plus it will match my white iPad 2 and white beats by Dr. Dre :cool:

cchs227

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I've seen both in person multiple times. I must admit, the White iPhone is pretty sick! It's also newer debuting almost a year after the black version. Although, if you're aiming more for the professional look, I'd advise the black iPhone! Either way, you'll still be walking around with one of the best devices!:cool:

furygoalbrtis39

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had the 3GS in black and white and my iPhone 4 is black by default (got launch day)...I personally like white better. It's not as common and I like to be different. Plus it will match my white iPad 2 and white beats by Dr. Dre :cool:

I have the same setup but a White iPhone, a black iPad and White Beats