Which Watch to buy?

alexis55

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy an Apple watch but I'm not sure which case to go for. The sport or the standard watch? I'm scared of getting the screen scratched and have heard that the sport can scratch easily after normal use! Eek I was really happy with how the space grey sport looked and felt on my wrist but now I'm not sure. Please help me!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I say get the one you like and put a screen protector on it. I was checking out the Spigen line up for AppleWatch accessories. They had some nice accessories for the AppleWatch.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the grey sport and likes it a lot. Granted she has only had it for one week but it seems to be holding up well.

For me, I got the green sport. I love the SS model but I had a SS model before the apple watch and it was prone to scratching.

I chose the sport for my wife and I because when they come out with the next generation of Apple watch, the amount lost will be less painful. If I got the stainless model, the one I want is close to 300 more so that is harder to justify. I will probably get 1 or 2 more bands for my watch from Apple.

Keep in mind that you can always change out bands across the entire line. In other words u can use the leather loop found on the Apple watch with the sport model and vice versa. There are a lot of images and videos on the Internet that show the different variations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keity

Banned
May 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy an Apple watch but I'm not sure which case to go for. The sport or the standard watch? I'm scared of getting the screen scratched and have heard that the sport can scratch easily after normal use! Eek I was really happy with how the space grey sport looked and felt on my wrist but now I'm not sure. Please help me!

Hey welcome! Looking gorgeous! Enjoy your watch.

keity

Banned
May 2, 2015
Visit site

Hey welcome! Looking gorgeous! Enjoy your watch.

alexis55

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone! Thanks very much, I have decided that I will purchase the sports model first and see if I like it! I'm so excited

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I personally prefer the Sport. I know the Watch has the sapphire screen and the steel body but...that's it. The bands you can get for $25 on Amazon or eBay (including the Apple Watch like clip) and I personally hate the steel body because it's so fingerprint prone and scratches rather easily. Also, the screen images seem to be better on the Sport watch as the sapphire seems to dilute the colors and view angles and from what I've seen on YouTube, the non-sapphire screen holds up very well to the every day scratch opportunities.

You also save yourself at least $100! haha

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Six of one half dozen of the other. Go to the Apple Store and try them on. I have the sport with a ML band and personally, I like the two tone look. I am trying to find WatchDots in chrome to accentuate the buttons with a two tone look also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have the 42 mm Watch sport. I have had it for a month and a half, and I've worn it EVERY day since receiving it. There is not protective case on it and I also work while wearing my watch. Yet, there is no damage whatsoever on it. It looks as new as it did when I took it out of its box for the very first time. Having said that, Apple does not make "junk" and although the ion-x is not as strong as sapphire, it doesn't mean that it's cheap or cheaply made. Know what I mean?

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the Sport is just fine as well. I did add a Spigen screen protector and low profile case to it though. The plastic case already has a couple of scratches on it but my Watch is a-OK.

yankeebhoy

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the space grey sport. After a couple of days little white marks started appearing on the border between the body and the screen. More have appeared and I am now returning it and buying a silver stainless steel. When the body scratches all I need to do is polish it and the scratches will be gone. Plus I won't worry about a screen protector due to the sapphire display.

hussberry

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the space grey sport. After a couple of days little white marks started appearing on the border between the body and the screen. More have appeared and I am now returning it and buying a silver stainless steel. When the body scratches all I need to do is polish it and the scratches will be gone. Plus I won't worry about a screen protector due to the sapphire display.

Yankeebhoy, I think there is a problem with your watch. I 'd say return it and get another one before you spend more on the Stainless steel one. A lot of us had the sports model for a while now and that didnt happen.
It can be a faulty watch.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I think I am going to try and get a used SS watch off of craigslist. If I can get one sort of cheap then I'll have one of each and can swap them depending on activity

yankeebhoy

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Yankeebhoy, I think there is a problem with your watch. I 'd say return it and get another one before you spend more on the Stainless steel one. A lot of us had the sports model for a while now and that didnt happen.
It can be a faulty watch.

I've already gone ahead with the new order. Hopefully it turns out ok.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen