Which streaming service do you recommend for music?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I had Rhapsody now known as Napster for a couple of yrs. but just cancelled it. Not happy with it anymore. They can't resolve technical issues and keeps popping up. An example am on my data not wifi and want to download and says not connected when in fact I am.
I like saving CDs to listen to
I have heard good about Spotify.
Thx

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Who do you recommend for music

I recommend and use Google Play music. It works great and you get YouTube Red at no extra cost. I watch a lot of YouTube so not having to watch the ads is pretty awesome.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

We have a family subscription for Apple Music and it works great. I still have not cancelled my Google music either. I like having YouTube Red so just have not given it up. Both are excellent and I'd be happy with either if I had to pick.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Apple Music. Currently on a three month free trial that came with my Beats X. Was on Amazon Music through Prime but cancelled it because the music selection wasn't as great as Apple Music

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm on a free trial with Tidal. I like it a lot. It's a bit more expensive than Spotify, but is well laid out and looks nice. Great features.
TIDAL by TIDAL Music AS
https://appsto.re/us/RRAE2.i

Tidal has a cheaper option if you don't sign up for the HiFi streaming option. The lower option is more comparable to Spotify, if I'm not mistaken. I believe they are both $9.99.

I've got Tidal and Apple Music. Spotify is great as well. You really can't go wrong honestly. They are all comparitively priced. It's all about which layout you prefer. Tidal leaves a bit to be desired in terms of the layout. Apple Music offers great integration with our devices. Spotify, imo, has the most pleasing layout simply because they've had a lot of time to perfect their service. I'd argue they are the best out (Despite the fact that I don't subscribe).

I went with Tidal for the HiFi streaming quality and Apple Music for the integration.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Who do you recommend for music

I actually did research on this exact question to myself. For me Spotify (paid version) was the best for sound quality. According to my ears and Google anyway...LOL. Tidal wanted a higher price tag for quality sound. Apple Music is great for integration between devices and music stored from other means besides iTunes. It's really a matter of preference to be honest. I decided to go with Spotify.
c421e2c244607232da36d6b7c8928c46.jpg

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Thanks everyone. I just am not happy with Napster anymore. I will look into the suggestions. Leaning towards Spotify and I do want to check out Apple. I have used google as well

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

I also use Google Play. It is because of the ad free YouTube Red. Well worth the $15 a month family plan.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

wxman2003

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I have all my music on iTunes, and also on google play. Around 30GB of music. With unlimited data, I can choose to stream or listen to the music on my phone. No way will I pay $10 a month to stream music.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I love and recommend Spotify.

But I mainly use Amazon Music now, because it is included with my Amazon Prime membership.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I use Apple Music.
I've tried Google Play for a while but didn't like it.
I tried the free version of Spotify but as well as the black interface as the limitations of the free version were a deal breaker for me.

I have to say I'm quite happy with how Music works.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

We have a family subscription for Apple Music and it works great. I still have not cancelled my Google music either. I like having YouTube Red so just have not given it up. Both are excellent and I'd be happy with either if I had to pick.

This is what I have, Apple music and YouTube Red. That Red sub also included Google Music although I don't use it. I love Apple music.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro