Which software

Toetterbeck

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi
I have just bought a macbook pro retina 15" and so far have no idea what additional software I should download. Is it possible to carry my windows photos and docs across from my win7 laptop?
The only stuff I downloaded was libreoffice and firefox.
And somehow when connecting my iphone it loaded my photos onto a different photo place then I did save my emailed photos to.
Stranger things happened at sea...
Any ideas please??
T

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi Toetterbeck!

Congratulations on your new Macbook Pro Retina!!! Is this your first Apple computer? Out of curiosity, where did you normally store your photos when connecting to your laptop?

For your docs, I would suggest trying Pages which you can find in the Mac App Store. If you want to stick with Office apps like Word, Microsoft does have Office 2016 for Mac but it's pricey.

Not to overwhelm you but there are also apps like Parallels which enables you to run Windows as a virtual machine on your Mac. (see iMore article here for 50% savings)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I had mentioned in another post that you can purchase office on ebay for a very reasonable price and some ebayers also have life subscription. I purchase a lot on ebay and will most likely get it as well from ebay. No need to pay a high price.
I did get a case for it too. I want to protect it from scratches. And it came with a sleeve from the retailer I got it from if I were to take it anywhere.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR