Which SIM are you using with your iPhone 13 model?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Exactly this. I bought my I iPhone 13 Pro carrier free directly from Apple. When I set up iPhone 13 Pro, it asked me if I wanted to port over my eSIM from my iPhone 12 Pro. Easy peasy.

Oh, that’s a great feature! It was a real pain in the butt going from the 11 to the 12 with an eSIM (going to my carrier and dealing with a rep who had no clue how eSIMs work).

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh, that’s a great feature! It was a real pain in the butt going from the 11 to the 12 with an eSIM (going to my carrier and dealing with a rep who had no clue how eSIMs work).

It was a piece of cake going from a physical SIM on the iPhone X to an eSIM on 13 Pro for me. As long as you followed Verizon's instructions, of course (which is basically turn off Find My on the old phone, turn off the old phone, start the new phone, start a manual set up until it activates. Then it will come to a step that allows you to use Quick Start, restore from backup. etc., when you can turn on the old phone and use Quick Start if you wish.)

KCox2021

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site
My thoughts exactly

Agreed. I know that some carriers allow you to pop your sim into an unlocked phone, it was a pain with MetroPcs. I had to call each time for them to electronically transfer the information from one phone to another.

I have Visible now and simply swap phones when I want. Plus I don't have to call and request a sim unlock should I travel internationally.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Carrier free is the only way that makes sense buying an iPhone. It baffles me why people continue to purchase phones through carriers.

The only way to get carrier-free phones is to pay for them outright. Not everyone can drop $1,000 - $1,500 on a phone at once.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
It was a piece of cake going from a physical SIM on the iPhone X to an eSIM on 13 Pro for me. As long as you followed Verizon's instructions, of course (which is basically turn off Find My on the old phone, turn off the old phone, start the new phone, start a manual set up until it activates. Then it will come to a step that allows you to use Quick Start, restore from backup. etc., when you can turn on the old phone and use Quick Start if you wish.)

Yep, from a physical SIM to an eSIM is really simple and straightforward!

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Carrier free is the only way that makes sense buying an iPhone. It baffles me why people continue to purchase phones through carriers.

While I agree, my carrier offered an extra $150 on my trade in compared to apple towards a new phone…and plus I get a 30% discount for services through my carrier as well. So in the end I paid much less through my carrier than apple, that’s the only reason I’d say carrier option is better…for my situation.

Physical Sim

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
While I agree, my carrier offered an extra $150 on my trade in compared to apple towards a new phone…and plus I get a 30% discount for services through my carrier as well. So in the end I paid much less through my carrier than apple, that’s the only reason I’d say carrier option is better…for my situation.

Physical Sim

The carrier option is never better. The over charge you for their monthly service to begin with. They play games with the numbers to lead you to believe that you;re getting a deal. By the looks of it, you already fell for it. Apple's trade in prices are just as aggressive, and your phone is unlocked from day one free to use on any network....FROM DAY ONE.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The carrier option is never better. The over charge you for their monthly service to begin with. They play games with the numbers to lead you to believe that you;re getting a deal. By the looks of it, you already fell for it. Apple's trade in prices are just as aggressive, and your phone is unlocked from day one free to use on any network....FROM DAY ONE.

Ok buddy sure, you know everything about all the pricing and can guarantee without having facts on my situation that I’m wrong. But I fell for it, even when I did compare month to month costing was Better than apples offering. And the phone is unlocked from day 1…and if I wanted out of my contract in 6 months and I could pay remainder of the phone with no consequences. Maybe you don’t know every fact?…but I’m the one who was fooled. Right. It’s one thing to express your opinion and it’s another to be persistent that you’re correct. So we can leave as is rather than get in a debate over nonsense

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok buddy sure, you know everything about all the pricing and can guarantee without having facts on my situation that I’m wrong. But I fell for it, even when I did compare month to month costing was Better than apples offering. And the phone is unlocked from day 1…and if I wanted out of my contract in 6 months and I could pay remainder of the phone with no consequences. Maybe you don’t know every fact?…but I’m the one who was fooled. Right. It’s one thing to express your opinion and it’s another to be persistent that you’re correct. So we can leave as is rather than get in a debate over nonsense
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/never...arrier-buy-unlocked-phones-and-save-hundreds/
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ne-cell-phone-carrier-heres%2F&token=RsnM0hAl

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox