Which phone were you using before the SE?

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've been using an iPhone 6 for just over 2 years now. Picked up an SE this weekend as I missed the smaller form. Found it to be a decent upgrade from the 6. Feels a lot snappier, just hoping I'll notice an improvement on the battery front over the next few days.

I use my phone a lot, but will be getting an iPad pro for Christmas and have tethering allowed on my service plan, just feels right going back to the smaller, more portable phone.

jrocke0w0

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I came from an s7 edge, always had an android since the T-Mobile G1 but got sick and tired of having to reset every one of them after about 6 months because they all got so slow.

I've often heard that this never really happens with apples phones so I took the plunge and got myself a SE spaghetti gray about a month ago, thought at the start that it was far too small but now I absolutely love it, perfect for one hand use

Although I wish there was a clear cache option like on Android as some of the apps (Spotify and Google Plus I'm looking at you!) can get absolutely huge and there appears to be no way of fixing it apart from deleting and reinstalling the app itself

Vlada011

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Before iPhone SE I had Samsung S2 and borrowed iPhone 4s.
But because I have strong PC iPhone is exactly what I want from cell phone.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 6... then went to an SE...

I an now thinking of going with 5.5-inch iPhone 6s, but i'm kinda ok with this SE for now.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
1. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
2. Wanted an iOS device, and the price was, and is still, great
3. I wouldn't call it a regret, but a 4-inch phone is small, especially for media-consumption. Performance is so buttery smooth though.

What´s your opinion about the Z3 compact, though?

Cheers

oli3246

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi

1) Lumia 640, before that Lumia 635 and 520
2) Unsatisfied with Windows 10 mobile (so many bugs and crashes) and the lack of apps started to bother me, plus the apps weren't as good quality as they could be.
3) I'm loving my SE, but coming from the 5 inch screen of the 640 the SEs screen is tiny, even if much more comfortable to hold. Also I got the 16Gb version so space is a premium, but as long as I don't go crazy with apps I should be fine, and I don't use it for music. Will eventually upgrade to either a 7 or whatever comes out next

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
1) What phone were you using before the SE?
I try a lot of phones as a hobby, so this doesn't apply to me. But my favourites has always been compact phone. iPhone 5s, Z3 compact, and even the Galaxy Alpha. Right now I have a Moto x 2013 as a spare too and it's pretty great still (just slightly bigger than the iPhone SE in terms of size, but has a 4.7" screen)

2) Why did you decide to get the SE?
Size. I need to use the phone one handed a lot, and I don't like carrying a bulky phone around. Also this is pretty much the most powerful compact phone you can buy still.

3) Any regrets?
Not really. I wished the display was better. It's noticeably worse compared to something like the iPhone 6, but other than that I'm pretty happy with it. Good battery life. Good performance, decent camera.

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Came from Nexus 4, got an SE for work. Really liking it for far, it completed my trifecta since I also have a 2015 Air and an iPad mini 2. Kinda wish I went for the 6S for the 3D Touch but I'm really impressed by Touch ID and Apple Pay. Having 2 gb ram doesn't hurt either although the keyboard took a little getting used to and the screen isn't perfect.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, not sure if there's a similar thread to this. Just wondering a few questions for SE owners.
1) What phone were you using before the SE?
2) Why did you decide to get the SE?
3) Any regrets?

Thank you!

Thats a great question and it has a story attached but i may write out that whole long thing later :D This is from my dad and not me but it's a fairly weird one that I'm sure many haven't seen haha.

Sony Ericsson W910i
Blackberry Bold 8900
Blackberry Tourch 9810
Blackberry Bold 8900 (Again)
iPhone SE - 64GB

He finally found his way onto the right track. Been lost for many years lol. He wanted the SE because of the form factor. It's nice and small and easy for him to carry around next to his wallet. He also liked the reviews of the battery life, performance and camera. He has had no regrets so far. Absolutely loves it and was well worth every cent. :)

Shahzad Ghani

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Came from iphone 7 plus

Because i am use to call text and do social things alot and plus was not right for that quick calls and texts and also saved 350 $ and still able to do all the stuff i could do on 7 plus

petekohn123

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
1. Blackberry Q10, such an excellent phone with BB10.2 OS. Some features were degraded relative to BBOS, and the app gap was a big bummer for BB10, but wow was it ever an efficient phone that got the job done in as few keystrokes as possible.

2. I wanted a phone with a removable battery, so I wasn't stranded with the rest of you wall huggers, or carrying around some bulky external battery. So LG is what I was left with. But the G5 was just too big. To me, a phone has to be pocketable. And suddenly my IT department is requiring everyone to use the Outlook app for company email. So getting an Android phone to load BB Android software (the BB Hub, mainly -- best messaging software ever) was suddenly pointless.

3. Nope. This phone is absolutely fantastic. My BB Q10 had better call quality, people are telling me. That's a definite concern. It's a phone after all. At least it's not dropping calls as I was expecting based on reading some accounts prior to iOS 10.2. But call quality the only real regret. The things that BB10's OS had that iOS 10.2 is lacking pale in comparison to the things iOS has that BB10 is lacking. The battery life of this SE is very impressive and charging is fast, so I might not join you hugging a wall anytime soon.

DocGo

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
iP7 and Google Pixel (not XL). I like playing with different gadgets. Gave my iP7+ to my brother. I really like smaller phones better.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh