Which phone should I get?

R

Ron1697

Hey everyone. I need help deciding between iphone 5c, 5s, galaxy s3 or s4. I originally wanted the iphone 5s so I tell my friends about but they said iphones suck and the galaxy are way better. I'm confused on what to choose. I've used a android phone before so I'm familiar with it. But I've never tried a iphone before and I would like to try it! So please give some advice on which is better. Which phone is faster, take good pics, and have good apps??

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The one you want. ;)

If you are buying on contract, you should have at least a week to return it if you don't like it. Get whichever you think you'll like the most, and if you don't like it, return it and buy a different one.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Go to your carrier store and take a hands on look at the the phones you're interested in. Get whatever meets your needs. Good luck. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think you answered your own question. If you want to try an iPhone then get an iPhone. Go to the carrier or Apple Store & check out the 5C & 5S, determine which one you like best and go with it. If you find you don't like it, return it during your return window & get a Galaxy. Everyone will have an opinion, especially your friends but yours is the only one that matters.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't go based off what your friends think. Go to a store and try them out yourself.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
iPhones are indeed great but they're a bit different from android so if you don't like fun then an iPhone isn't gonna be for you. If you like fun you may just love the iPhone. Another question you may want to consider is how much you've invested in the android app ecosystem. Are you going to spend a good amount of money replacing apps you had in android? One thing I think you'll enjoy about iOS is the app ecosystem and the polish of the apps. Everything just seems so slick, IME. If you go with an iPhone, once you get settled with it you can think about jailbreaks to unleash even more fun via customization.

Android is great but so is iOS so either way you're a winner.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The best move is to demo a iPhone at a Apple Store or Carrier Store.
Don't go by what your friends say.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
iOS and Android are functionally very similar. iOS is a little more newbie friendly and much more stable as far as software goes. Android offers more flexibility and some different design choices. Personally, I prefer Android myself and stick with it for my phone though I use a mix of Android and iOS for my other devices as I like what each OS brings to the table.

Galaxy S4 is a rockstar phone that feels good, has a nice screen, and includes SD card support - a feature sorely lacking in many phones. So your friends aren't steering you wrong there. Definitely try the iPhone in the store though. iOS is laid out a bit differently and some people vastly prefer it. For me the phone is to small (but I use a Note 3 so obviously I'm into monster phones) but the OS itself would meet my needs as a phone if I had it.

If you tell us a little more about what you plan to do with the phone, we might be able to give some more specific advice on what kind of phone would be a good fit for you. Also, be sure to check out Android Central if you decide to go with an Android phone. They can give tons of good advice on which model is right for you, since there are so many choices.

Ron1697

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
iOS and Android are functionally very similar. iOS is a little more newbie friendly and much more stable as far as software goes. Android offers more flexibility and some different design choices. Personally, I prefer Android myself and stick with it for my phone though I use a mix of Android and iOS for my other devices as I like what each OS brings to the table.

Galaxy S4 is a rockstar phone that feels good, has a nice screen, and includes SD card support - a feature sorely lacking in many phones. So your friends aren't steering you wrong there. Definitely try the iPhone in the store though. iOS is laid out a bit differently and some people vastly prefer it. For me the phone is to small (but I use a Note 3 so obviously I'm into monster phones) but the OS itself would meet my needs as a phone if I had it.

If you tell us a little more about what you plan to do with the phone, we might be able to give some more specific advice on what kind of phone would be a good fit for you. Also, be sure to check out Android Central if you decide to go with an Android phone. They can give tons of good advice on which model is right for you, since there are so many choices.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! Their really helpful. Considering I'm teenager, its very hard to pick out a phone! I'll go to Radioshack soon and try out the phones. Also I plan to play games and use social apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat. I also like the facetime and imessage feature. I also like to take a few pics, listen to a lot of music, and watch some music videos. That's mainly what I like to do.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your thoughts! Their really helpful. Considering I'm teenager, its very hard to pick out a phone! I'll go to Radioshack soon and try out the phones. Also I plan to play games and use social apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat. I also like the facetime and imessage feature. I also like to take a few pics, listen to a lot of music, and watch some music videos. That's mainly what I like to do.

I definitely think you'll like the iPhone! My 16yr old son has a 5 and he loves it. He uses all the apps you do & he plays a lot of game on it too. Good Luck in your search and Welcome to iMore!!!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My 16 year old daughter loves her iPhone. She wouldn't use anything else. The main reason is that all her friends have iPhones. She doesn't want to give up iMessage and FaceTime. There are benefits to having your friends and family on the same OS.

Sent using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have really enjoyed switching back and forth between Android and iOS in the past but now for some reason, after using android intensely for 5+ months I found coming back to iOS so refreshing. The novelty all over again. ...it may hade made me go a bit overboard (hope I don't regret getting all iOS devices and not any android devices this time, 4 total). There's just this simple yet sliq nature I'm feeling with iOS that wasn't there in Android's complexity.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 