Which one is a clever move?

HafeezAkmal

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! I'm right now in a dilemma of having to choose between two: iphone 5c 32gb at a price of a 16gb (the store is having a promotion) & a 16gb 5s.

Which one would be a clever move? The latest & greatest or bigger storage?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

HafeezAkmal

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Well its worth noting that the price of the 32gb 5c is still lower than what the 5s 16gb would cost.. Anymore opinions? :)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I would ask myself two questions.

What is more important to you?

Fingerprint scanner, 64 bit processor, motion coprocessor, Etc.

Or

More memory, color variety, unique form factor, etc.

Also, Which device do I simply like more?

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha @septembersrain#ac, that explains the point of having 2 5c's ;)

One is locked to a subsidiary of Sprint. I was sad but I couldn't keep two cell phone lines anymore. I really loved my blue 5c and was content. So much so I bought an unlocked variant so if I switch carriers again, it can go with me. I use the locked one for beta testing. ^_^

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Personally as much as I would want the best- If you run out of storage on the latest and greatest how does that help you... Yes the 5S is a better device but I personally think that 16gigs is not enough storage.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The 5S is an amazing device. I have a 16gb 5S and I have plenty of space. The question is how will you use the device. Do you have a lot of apps, music and photos stored on your device. If you do then you'll probably want to go with the 32gb 5C. Good luck

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would give up the fingerprint scanner and etc for the 32 gb of space. 16 gb goes fast these days. iOS 7 made the apps get bigger in size. I struggle with my 16 gb 5 to have space. And I only have about 220 mb of music. Storage space is huge. I can live without the scanner. The 64 bit won't mean much with just 16 gb.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

apple_power_user

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I would go with the 16 Gb iPhone 5s. Really the only time I run into a problem is when I have to install a new update. In that case I just delete my music, run the update, and then restore my music via iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dean_r_ashmore

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I personally prefer the 5c. It's cheaper and does everything a 5s does (yes yes it doesn't have the 64 bit processor or the finger print scanner) but think. Do you really NEED those? iPhone is obsolete almost instantly as a new one is released annually. So I'd say 5c and then see how the 6 is

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I personally prefer the 5c. It's cheaper and does everything a 5s does (yes yes it doesn't have the 64 bit processor or the finger print scanner) but think. Do you really NEED those? iPhone is obsolete almost instantly as a new one is released annually. So I'd say 5c and then see how the 6 is

64 bit will make a huge difference on down the road. But for now, it's not really making an impact. Most apps have yet to take advantage of it. Some have, and they're great. But I'm like you, I can do without it for now.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

dean_r_ashmore

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
it's just not a requirement as of yet. Go for the higher storage and as I said earlier, see what's about in the iPhone 6 or above.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Would go with the 5s. It will receive iOS updates longer than the 5c, plus 64-bit, although not being very useful at the moment, will future proof the 5s a little bit. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods