Which is the best case for iPhone 4?

demonio

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Since I got my iPhone 4 I've tried a number of different cases. Hard shell cases, rubber cases, tough cases, bumpers, and even leather sleeves, but I'm yet to find the perfect case, if there's such a thing. I am currently using a Griffin Reveal case and for the most part I've been pretty happy with it, but I still feel it's not quite the right one.
What are you guys sporting? What do you recommend?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on what you want out of your case for your phone. I prefer and only use Otterbox Defenders & Speck candyshell cases, Speck fitted & i'm waiting on a Speck grip to come in the mail today. I've tried alot of others and always go back to the OB def & Specks.

Some members here use and swear by the LifeProof case, which is an all terrain type of case--shock & weather proof. Its about $85. you can even swim with your phone if you wanted to, lol.

I like to switch my cases up everyday to go with what i'm wearing and thats why i prefer the OB & Specks, and they do offer pretty good protection:)

mo98

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
demonio,

I had the same case struggle with the 3GS as well as the Iphone 4. Watching youtube videos from guys like Larry Greenberg helped some, but ultimately I had to buy the case and just use it for a few weeks. Everyone has such different tastes over many categories (like color, texture, size, style, protection, etc...) That makes it difficult to go from other people's opinions.

I like minimalistic designs, that offer minor drop protection, without adding too much bulk to the phone. I carry in front pocket so I need something that slides in and out easily.

I have tried:
Speck pixelskin HD
Otterbox defender (only use on special occasions for max protection)
Ballistic Lifestyle
Griffin reveal
Griffin elan form graphite
Magpul executive field
Speck candyshell (newest design with bigger camera opening)

My favorite right now is the candyshell.

Just watch a bunch of youtube videos and figure out what you like. Then purchase your top 3-5 and make sure you can return the ones you don't want. You will want to be able to compare them in person.

RichardC300

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I did a lot of research before buying my 4S, and I chose the Speck CandyShell as my first case. What a case it is! Just about perfect if you ask me! Soft rubber inside and hard plastic outside that wraps around the whole phone and covers the buttons without adding much bulk. My only gripe is how easily scratched it is. I have a black CandyShell and it's worse than a black car, if you know how those are.

Over time, I wanted to try something slightly slimmer but keeping the same design, a case that wraps around the whole phone that offers the "lay on the table face down" protection. I bought 2 cases that fit this description in one week, the Speck PixelSkin HD (Speck products are awesome!) and a Belkin Essential. I've been sporting the Belkin ever since, not because the PixelSkin HD is bad or anything (the PixelSkin HD is a great case that had everything I was looking for.), but because I just love the look of the Belkin Essential. Mine is black with a white band around the side. Simple, but good looking. I don't see these two cases offering as much protection as the CandyShell, but I handle my phone with care.

Last edited:

mrtoweleeeie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
xtrucase duo slider chrome for iphone 4 or 4s

pic of my case, love it! since i've got it, everyone's been asking where i got it from... but i dun tell them heh heh...

aluminum and no screws or tools needed... tight fit, very solid... and CHROME!! sorry i love chrome.

sorry about the pic quality, i tried to get as much details as possible.

View attachment 13629

towels

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on what you want out of your case for your phone. I prefer and only use Otterbox Defenders & Speck candyshell cases, Speck fitted & i'm waiting on a Speck grip to come in the mail today. I've tried alot of others and always go back to the OB def & Specks.

Some members here use and swear by the LifeProof case, which is an all terrain type of case--shock & weather proof. Its about $85. you can even swim with your phone if you wanted to, lol.

I like to switch my cases up everyday to go with what i'm wearing and thats why i prefer the OB & Specks, and they do offer pretty good protection:)

I agree with Pink I have both otters and Candyshell's but I'm suddenly pretty fond of the Candyshell flip

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I am like Pink - a casewhore lol - but my new experience with element cases may have cured me finally. That being said here's my list based on ownership.

1) Element Case Vapor Comp and Vapor Pro. Worth every penny.

2) Speck Candyshells - I've had moonsuit, tiger claw, blue/purple...fantastic. Casemate pop! are also very similar and great in their own right.

3) Casemate Barely There - have them in matte teal, matte purple, pearl pink and pearl white. Love the low profile

4) Belkin Element 019/050 - one low profile, one candyshell like, both awesome. Have pink and green for the 19, clear with black banding and pink with green banding for the 50.

5) mophie juice pack air - a must for events when you need extra juice

6) apple bumpers - love them but they eventually stretch out

7) otterbox defender and commuter - I sold my defenders and don't use the commuter as the silicone has started to stretch out

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

Last edited:

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a red and gray Incipio Step on my iPhone 4. I love, love, love it! Perfect thickness and a fun texture. It's also made of Incipio's NGP material...shock absorbing yet not lint attracting in your pocket. :)

www.myincipio.com

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
We have a good number of cases for our phones and tablets.
Having said that, there really is no best case, but rather the best one that fits your individual needs.

We take pretty good care of all our gadgets, and don't really like the ones that substantially alter the look of our devices. All our cases are from inCase, Accoustic Research, Griffin, Speck, and Senna.

:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW