Which is *most* important to "you" in regard to Apple?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
All of those in your list are important, but compatibility with the family was most important and one reason why I switched to iPhone.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Which of the following is *most* important to 'you' in regard to Apple? Although your specific option may not be listed below, please choose from the list below.

1. Apple's product selection
2. Ease of use of its products and associated software.
3. Apple's Customer Support
4. Product build quality
5. Apple's reputation
6. Resell value
7. Pricing & availability
8. Software updates for current and previous devices
9. Product & Software reliability
10. Other.

1. Their weakest point in comparison to PC and Android ecosystems.
2. This is a product of severe feature cutting. Every time Apple makes something "easier," it typically means conforming it to Mobile and cutting features. iMovie, Photos, iWorks, etc. There are several examples of this.
3. +++
4. I'm torn on this. I think their iMacs are pretty good, but completely inaccessible for self-upgrades (outside of RAM on the larger models). The MacPro wasn't any better. MacBook Pros have awful thermal design. iPhones are full of glass, and have a pretty ugly camera bump. I'm neutral on this.
5. Lol... ...
6. Not seeing it to be considerably better than other flagships and high end devices, these days. The competition is producing good hardware, so this has been significantly narrowed in disparity over the past few years.
7. The pricing is bad, considering what you get. The availability is often problematic, but that usually only affects "new designs."
8. +++
9. Neutral on this. Don't really find it any more or less reliable than Windows and Android, honestly.

10. I think the biggest selling point is being able to get everything within one ecosystem and have the software and devices work well together. You can easily keep things homogenous in the Apple ecosystem. The same is not true for Google or Microsoft, which have gaps in their ecosystems.

That being said, Apple's web services are quite weak (Cloud Storage, PIM, Photos, etc.) and their software is flacid compared to competitors like Adobe and Microsoft... So you're still going to have to make some sort of compromises to benefit from the homogeneity.

It's also considerably more expensive to Accessorize in the Apple Ecosystem, as you are forced to use their devices; which typically cost significantly more than competitors for no benefit other than "works better with iPhone/iMac/iPad/etc."

I used to care about compatibility with other people's devices (iMessage, FaceTime, etc.) but that was more the result of marketing than anything. I'm pretty immune to those things, these days. Now, I only want my smart devices to have the broadest compatibility possible, because I use multiple PC operating systems and accessories that do not come from a single vendor.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Their weakest point in comparison to PC and Android ecosystems.
2. This is a product of severe feature cutting. Every time Apple makes something "easier," it typically means conforming it to Mobile and cutting features. iMovie, Photos, iWorks, etc. There are several examples of this.
3. +++
4. I'm torn on this. I think their iMacs are pretty good, but completely inaccessible for self-upgrades (outside of RAM on the larger models). The MacPro wasn't any better. MacBook Pros have awful thermal design. iPhones are full of glass, and have a pretty ugly camera bump. I'm neutral on this.
5. Lol... ...
6. Not seeing it to be considerably better than other flagships and high end devices, these days. The competition is producing good hardware, so this has been significantly narrowed in disparity over the past few years.
7. The pricing is bad, considering what you get. The availability is often problematic, but that usually only affects "new designs."
8. +++
9. Neutral on this. Don't really find it any more or less reliable than Windows and Android, honestly.

10. I think the biggest selling point is being able to get everything within one ecosystem and have the software and devices work well together. You can easily keep things homogenous in the Apple ecosystem. The same is not true for Google or Microsoft, which have gaps in their ecosystems.

That being said, Apple's web services are quite weak (Cloud Storage, PIM, Photos, etc.) and their software is flacid compared to competitors like Adobe and Microsoft... So you're still going to have to make some sort of compromises to benefit from the homogeneity.

It's also considerably more expensive to Accessorize in the Apple Ecosystem, as you are forced to use their devices; which typically cost significantly more than competitors for no benefit other than "works better with iPhone/iMac/iPad/etc."

I used to care about compatibility with other people's devices (iMessage, FaceTime, etc.) but that was more the result of marketing than anything. I'm pretty immune to those things, these days. Now, I only want my smart devices to have the broadest compatibility possible, because I use multiple PC operating systems and accessories that do not come from a single vendor.

So which one of the options is the most important to you?

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Which of the following is *most* important to 'you' in regard to Apple? Although your specific option may not be listed below, please choose from the list below.

1. Apple's product selection
2. Ease of use of its products and associated software.
3. Apple's Customer Support
4. Product build quality
5. Apple's reputation
6. Resell value
7. Pricing & availability
8. Software updates for current and previous devices
9. Product & Software reliability
10. Other.

4, 7, 8 & 9

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics