Which iPad Pro Keyboard???

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
After reading some threads about professional writers using an iPad Pro. My question is which keyboard do you prefer? Doesn't matter to me if you're a professional or not. I just would like to know your preference...

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a 12.9" Pro and use an Apple Smart Keyboard. It offers a great balance of usability and flexibility. It's a decent keyboard but it's also VERY easy to remove when I just want to use my iPad as a tablet. I tried a Logitech Create for a while but ended up returning it. While the Create is a better keyboard (backlit, better tactile feedback from the keys) it is awkward to use in tablet mode. It's very difficult to detach (the iPad physically slides into it) and folding the Create back requires that the metal iPad sit directly on the metal keyboard, which to me is worse than nails on a chalkboard.

If you see yourself wanting to sometimes use your iPad as a tablet without a physical keyboard go with the Smart Keyboard. If you see yourself always using a physical keyboard go with the Create. As a bonus, the Create provides all around protection (front, back, sides) but the Smart Keyboard will require that a separate, compatible case be purchased if you want rear case protection for your iPad.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I used a Logitech keyboard with my iPad 4 and while I liked it, I didn't like that autocorrect didn't function with it. I don't know if that's still true, but that would be a deal-breaker for me. I now use the Apple smart keyboard with my iPad Pro and I like it a great deal. As Rob said, it's easy on and off. Also, I very much like the feel of the keyboard. And, I really like that I never have to worry about charging it.

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I use the Apple Smart Keyboard for mine. It took a little while to get used to typing on it. I think it's the best bang for your buck. I bought it instead of buying a cover. That's all i use. I also did a test on one of my recent business trips. I brought my laptop just in case....but I never ended up using my laptop.....used the iPad for everything.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I just got the baby Pro a couple of weeks ago. I opted for the Smart Keyboard. I'm not overly enamored with the feel of it and wish it had backlight, but I do really like that the keyboard is "hidden" when you fold it back and use in tablet mode. Much prefer that to any of the other keyboard's I've used on previous iPads (couple Logitechs, I think a Targus in there).

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the Logitech Create over the Apple Smart Keyboard, personally. For me the typing experience is better and I do like the backlit keyboard and row of shortcut keys. Not sure why apple didn't add that to their Smart Keyboard.

When I looked at several of the different keyboards available for iPad Pro, Logitech Create was the one that suited my needs the best. Thus far, I'm still pretty happy with it.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there is one that is 'the best'. Some keyboards offer more key travel while others provide a more soft touch feel ect. :) For me, my favourite is the "Logitech Create Backlit Keyboard Case". The Apple Smart Keyboard is nice but i just didn't feel 100% comfortable with it for some reason.

iMore did a nice article a little while ago which gave their impression on a couple keyboards that are great for the iPad Pro. You can have a read HERE Might give you some ideas about whats out there. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro