Which gen MacBookPro (2015 or 2016) will be apt for (relatively) long lasting workflow in Windows 10(bootcamp)?

im_ashley

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Which gen MacBookPro (2015 or 2016) will be apt for (relatively) long lasting workflow in Windows 10(bootcamp)?

Greetings!

Pretty confused to choose between 2015 vs 2016 15” versions of MacbookPros. I do lot of multimedia stuffs with Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects… With my experience of switching back and forth between Mac and PC I feel OS X is much better for my workflow. At least I don’t have to deal with annoying forced updates in Windows 10 and frequent crashes. But as a student I have to use Windows often for running several simulation and education softwares.

The latest gen. MacbookPros does have a bit smaller battery but lasts on par or in some cases better than the previous generation (2015). I believe it has to do more (maybe equally) with software optimization than with efficiency of the hardwares.

Since the same performance-power optimization doesn’t apply to windows, Can you guys recommend which generation (2015 or 2016) of MacBookPro will be apt for (relatively) long lasting workflow in Windows 10(bootcamp) keeping in mind the battery sizes of both generations? Will the larger be better for Windows?

PS: I’m not big fan of Parallels, firstly I would like the OS to use the full hardware resource available instead of restricting it virtually. Secondly, upgrades aren’t free.

Have a good day! Thanks

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey im_ashley! Sorry of the slow response.

Firstly Welcome to iMore and thanks for joining this great community :D

I personally would go with the 2015 Macbook Pro. Specifically the 15" inch model with Intel Iris Pro Graphics. The additional ports and massively bigger battery will help you in the long run. Apple may say the new 2016 models last 10 hours, but many struggle to get close.

Let us know what you end up choosing!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73