Which email application app do you use? Which is the best?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ive bought/used quite a few third party apps from the app store id like to hear if you use a third party app and why, trying to improve my workflow, most of what i do with email is, i email things to myself while web browsing, and then purge my inbox and send them to evernote, and compose and reply to emails, i know about sending things straight to evernote i have the clipper installed but i can just never seem to remember, so id like to know about maybe some third party mail app ideas and why you use them, thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best email app

Hello

Since you didn't specify if you were looking for mail apps for OS X or for iOS I'll recommend one for each (but you said something about the web clipper and that's only for OSX so :p)
iOS: There are many out there, but if you ask me none of them fully replaces the stock mail app, but one that seems to be a favorite is Mailbox Creating email harmony with Mailbox for iOS and Airmail for Mac | iMore has good features but the only drawback for me so far is that it doesn't support outlook accounts yet.

OSX: I personally use airmail and love it. It has many features, easy to set up, works with all the accounts etc and it's very customisable.

Also you know you can send thing straight to your evernote email and sort them out --> Quick Tip Friday: Emailing Into Your Evernote Account | Evernote BlogEvernote Blog

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

It would be Mailbox for me but since they lost Yahoo support, I'm using Boxer. Airmail on OSX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

iOS: Mailbox (Gmail), Boxer (Exchange) and native mail for iCloud
OS X: Unibox and native mail

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

So I recently switched to the app myMail on my iPad.
I used to use the native mail app, but myMail has a beautiful and simple UI so I gave it a try and I think it's a great replacement.

But on my iPhone I'm still using the native app.

sent from my rMini or iPhone 5s.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Hello

Since you didn't specify if you were looking for mail apps for OS X or for iOS I'll recommend one for each (but you said something about the web clipper and that's only for OSX so :p)
iOS: There are many out there, but if you ask me none of them fully replaces the stock mail app, but one that seems to be a favorite is Mailbox Creating email harmony with Mailbox for iOS and Airmail for Mac | iMore has good features but the only drawback for me so far is that it doesn't support outlook accounts yet.

OSX: I personally use airmail and love it. It has many features, easy to set up, works with all the accounts etc and it's very customisable.

Also you know you can send thing straight to your evernote email and sort them out --> Quick Tip Friday: Emailing Into Your Evernote Account | Evernote BlogEvernote Blog

I'm guessing that it's probably an iOS app since it's in the iOS apps section. :)

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm guessing that it's probably an iOS app since it's in the iOS apps section. :)

Could be... or not :D. I didn't even noticed it was in this section, I usually only check the trending and unanswered threads, thanks for pointing it out anyway :p

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Boxer works very well. It doesn't push for all accounts but still is very reliable. I also love that it allows attachments via Box and Dropbox and integration with Evernote. A few bugs still exist, but not enough to keep me from making it my primary app (in addition to the native app). I used to use Mailbox, but the developers haven't kept up the features as of late.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

It?s subjective to needs I guess. I use Google services. The native mail app works for me, and I appreciate its system integration. Sharing on iOS is not as open as on Android. That said I have the Gmail app in a folder somewhere, in cease I need to search for something and the native app isn?t working out.

Since others have mentioned, I will too, I choose Airmail for OSX.

dd0yl3

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I use mailbox as my main mail app. Since I have a gmail account I also use the native app. It better at managing labels then mailbox and faster than the gmail app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I use the stock email app, but I have used the Gmail app and the Outlook app. It can be aggravating not being able to get push gmail anymore through the stock app. But it hasn't been that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just started really using the mailbox app and for me and my workflow thats where its at, with the filing in the smart folders, i never used that bfore but it makes sense now!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The native Email app is sufficient for all 5 of my configured email accounts...:)

Sonny Dickson

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Cloudmagic is no doubt is the best, many big webs claimed it the best email app for iOS, as TechZend states about cloudmagic that:
CloudMagic is all-in-one email client app for iOS. You can login to your Google Apps, Office 365, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Outlook/Hotmail, Gmail, iCloud and IMAP accounts at the same time without any interruption. All of your logged in account can be seen on the same window and you can switch your accounts in just one tap.
other good app i used previously is Mymail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative