Which Do You Prefer: Physical Copy or Digital Album?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I remember 8 tracks, than cassettes, and CD's. But it's 2017, and time to evolve. I prefer digital copies of my music, and movies.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Phaysical... but i feel old now. :(

Don't feel old! I know this isn't the same thing but I'm sure if you walked into a 'young' 'hipster' persons house, there would be a photograph on the wall thats been framed. :) Sometimes, things become more valuable when you have the hard copy.

I definitely prefer having a digital album just because i can take 1 million of them with me on a camping trip go holiday and the hard copy would be a little difficult haha. You can even go a step further and just have a streaming service. Then you don't even need to store the files. :)

leandrodp2016

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I currently stream most of my music, though I buy music from artists I want to support (All Saints, any of the Spice Girls solo stuff), mostly through ITunes. Most records I like are not physically released in my country ayways...

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the artist. But if it’s a must have then I have both, on my phone and a hard copy. Other than that streaming is the way to go

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have no devices anymore to play physical albums. Therefore I prefer digital.

Especially now with Lossless being enabled for Music, I don’t see any reason to purchase physical albums.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have no devices anymore to play physical albums. Therefore I prefer digital.

Especially now with Lossless being enabled for Music, I don’t see any reason to purchase physical albums.

Exactly this: I no longer have a CD player, so digital as well.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
A few years ago, I would have said a physical copy, but now I'd have say that a digital copy is preferred. I rarely buy music and I couldn't tell you when the last time I bought an actual music CD from a store.

exactly this for me also..

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
As long as streaming services continue to allow lossless formats as they have now, digital will be fine for me. I have a decent DAC+Pre Amp+Amp. The only downside is it’s capped at 48 bit/96 kHz. Apple’s Hi-Res Lossless is 48 bit/192 kHz. Maybe I’ll worry about that later after lossless makes it to Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68