Which color iPhone X is best?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Silver, however if the space gray variant uses the same scratch resistant coating as the black stainless steel Apple Watch then it is the better choice. Otherwise, just aesthetically I find silver to look better.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm kind of leaning that direction myself. Wondering if the Space Grey will be a smudge fest?
Probably, but to be honest they both will and silver could actually be worse. I remember wanting to get the silver Note 7 last year and the silver finish showed fingerprints so much. I think both will be bad. That aside, with an all-glass body you will need a case, and a decent one at that because one drop and the phone is toast.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Probably, but to be honest they both will and silver could actually be worse. I remember wanting to get the silver Note 7 last year and the silver finish showed fingerprints so much. I think both will be bad. That aside, with an all-glass body you will need a case, and a decent one at that because one drop and the phone is toast.

Either I am color blind or the silver looks more like a off white so the smudge wouldn't be as bad as the space grey or the note as you compared. Any how I think Silver is a go.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If these photos on the Apple Store app are true, Im glad the Space Gray is darker for 2017 so I will definitely be going with Space Gray...
c2caecdbef605e9b2dca6b76dd5b1d96.png

968626c80b5a3d3f4714dab56ae66678.png

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Since I am not pre-ordering this time.. I want to actually see/feel it before buying. So my color choice will be based on "what is in stock" (if any).. If by sheer luck both are available, I will go with Space Gray. That's if I decide to take the plunge. Still debating as I don't take spending $1600.00 USD lightly. (Phone / Apple Care / Case / Tax)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Off the bat, I instantly loved the Silver colour. Maybe because i was hoping to see a white colour and its the closest to it. :) Then again, i would have to see both colours in person before i make a final decision on it :) Do you think we will get a shiny ProductRED colour later next year like we did this year? That was a nice little surprise.

Based on the rumors, I had my heart set on copper!!

Haha yeah, there were lots of rumours. EverythingApplePro gave me so much hope lol. Ah well, maybe next time around we will get something very different.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Either I am color blind or the silver looks more like a off white so the smudge wouldn't be as bad as the space grey or the note as you compared. Any how I think Silver is a go.

Exactly what I thought, looks like a matte white to me. But overall a great looking,I got color.

My choice would be the black.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Looking at some of the hands-on videos now, I think I am starting to like black more. The silver back looks more like a dirty white. Not sure...almost requires in-person view.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know what the color of the band around the space gray is? The silver is very obviously a chrome/etc. but I can't find a good shot of the band on space gray? Looks like it might be a black stainless color like the watches but it's hard to tell from what little pics/videos I've found so far. Even the iMore videos showed off all angles of the silver but almost none of the gray they had in hand.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what the color of the band around the space gray is? The silver is very obviously a chrome/etc. but I can't find a good shot of the band on space gray? Looks like it might be a black stainless color like the watches but it's hard to tell from what little pics/videos I've found so far. Even the iMore videos showed off all angles of the silver but almost none of the gray they had in hand.

They're all (both) Surgical Stainless Steel... (I believe)

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
They're all (both) Surgical Stainless Steel... (I believe)

Yeah I was talking about if the gray one was colored to match. So, I found one video that makes it look like it's a polished black/dark color that sort of matches the glossy space gray color vs. the "chrome" looking one on the silver. Hopefully we'll get some better pics soon.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I found this photo on Instagram...
0999c37d45df19efb7a67a8f7e7fa674.png

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was talking about if the gray one was colored to match. So, I found one video that makes it look like it's a polished black/dark color that sort of matches the glossy space gray color vs. the "chrome" looking one on the silver. Hopefully we'll get some better pics soon.

I could be Way Way wrong here, but I think that's just the reflection. I think they're all just the standard surgical stainless. My case will cover it regardless, so I am ambivalent about the color choice this year. It's going to have to be "whatever is in stock" as I am not sure I want to pre-order w/o seeing it in person first.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Pretty sure that's the silver. I've seen it have that same color shift on the back in a number of videos and when they finish turning it fully into view and into the light it's the silver phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro