Which carrier has the best coverage in Texas? Moving from Oregon.

I

iMore Question

I'm moving from Oregon to Texas in a few months. I would like to know which phone carrier I should go with for the best phone and data coverage in Texas, and nationally. Anyone from Texas who can advise me would be greatly appreciated!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm moving from Oregon to Texas in a few months. I would like to know which phone carrier I should go with for the best phone and data coverage in Texas, and nationally. Anyone from Texas who can advise me would be greatly appreciated!

Texas is a big place. There will most definitely be areas where any of the carriers excel. Can you be more specific with your new location?

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Where are you going in Texas? If it's San Antonio or surrounding close by areas, AT&T and Verizon of course work good. However if you're out in the country areas and need unlimited data, Sprint does good. If you live in the major city, Sprint doesn't penetrate buildings well so you'll have horrible data speeds and potentially dropped calls. T-Mobile however, they generally work great in big cities. So if you're not traveling all about in the country areas, you'll get great data speeds and good reception with them.

Overall, this question doesn't have a simple answer.

Ask yourself:

Do I need unlimited data more or do I need guaranteed coverage?

Who offers the best signal in the areas I intend to go?

Do I have a budget and what carriers fit into this?

There are many questions you'll need to ponder on. I'd suggest doing some research and going with the one you feel is the best fit!

Good luck.

P.S I've got T-Mobile and an AT&T Go Phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73