where is Contacts icon if not in Utilities folder?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it is not in the utility folder, it has been moved. From his home screen, swipe to the right until you see the search bar. Type in 'contacts'. If it is on the phone, you will see the icon and be able to access it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

vmkiste

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
missing contacts icon

Understand this ... he has done this and can access Contacts from the search function ... but he wants the Contacts icon ... does it exist? if so, where? Again, it's not in Utilities folder.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you except that it should be there somewhere on one of the homescreens. I'm not aware of an app that could 'hide' the contact icon. What he may have to do is reset his phone back to its default setup.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you except that it should be there somewhere on one of the homescreens. I'm not aware of an app that could 'hide' the contact icon. What he may have to do is reset his phone back to its default setup.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

If it was jailbroken there are apps that will hide it.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it was jailbroken there are apps that will hide it.

I figured there was, but the OP didn't state whether or not the phone was jailbroken. Hopefully, it is so you and others can tell him how to unhide the icon if that is indeed the problem. Know what I mean? :)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Understand this ... he has done this and can access Contacts from the search function ... but he wants the Contacts icon ... does it exist? if so, where? Again, it's not in Utilities folder.

If he bought the phone used, it could be in any folder, on any screen--or hidden entirely if the phone is jailbroken. There is also a chance it was turned off in the Restrictions area, but if he can access it from Spotlight than that is unlikely. It's probably just in a folder and he's overlooking it.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
So if it isn't in a folder but comes up in spotlight more than likely it is jailbroken. The most likely app that could be hiding it would be SBsettings. Most everyone has that as one of their first Cydia apps. Have them look in the settings for SBsettings for "hide icons".

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods