Where have you found backup Lightning cables?

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
After I picked my iPhone 5 up at the Apple Store I immediately had to play with it until I drained the battery. What I wasn't thinking about while I was at the Apple Store was "hey idiot, none of your old 30-pin cables are going to charge your new phone and you only have one lifeline". After I plugged in my i5 to charge I called 5 Best Buys, 2 Radio Shacks, and 3 Apple Stores...pretty much anyone within an hour drive that would stock the cable just to have a spare providing mine broke, got eaten by my dog, factory malfunction, etc. Zero Lightning Cables in stock...thought to myself I'll just order one and wait it out but ship time was 1-2 weeks!!! What if something really were to happen to my one and only Lightning Cable? My new i5 would be a brick...long story short I stopped at a random AT&T store and they had the cable in stock so I grabbed 2. Apple products come with a year warranty but AT&T told me if for any reason it starts showing wires or stops working at all within a year just bring it in and grab a new one. Sucked paying $20/each but at least I don't have to worry about losing touch with the world.

Anyone run into a shortage of Lightning Cables in your area?

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought 4. 3 from apple and one from Verizon. One at work, home, car and a spare one for my bag just in case.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Order it from apple. It'll ship within two days, usually next day. The time estimator for these cables hasn't been accurate for a while.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
This is something I'm putting on my shopping list now. Not that I need it that often, but I do need a spare for the car, just in case.

Guess I need to make a trek to the Apple store.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What's with people needing so many of these cables? I've had 2 cables at most in all my years of iPhones, but for the most part i have one that i use...do you people leave them in various places for convenience sake or something?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I picked up 3 at the local Apple store. They had a wall full of them.

Sean- I keep one at work, one in the car, one at home and one in my computer bag :)

I also have 2 30pin-lighting adapters coming, one for my bedside dock and one to keep in my bag :)

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
What's with people needing so many of these cables? I've had 2 cables at most in all my years of iPhones, but for the most part i have one that i use...do you people leave them in various places for convenience sake or something?

See my post above. I'd rather be safe then sorry.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I would need at least 3. Home work and car. Prefer more so I can charge phone upstairs at night downstairs when watching tv etc.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I keep one in my office, one on my nightstand, and a spare in my backpack... but normally just use the one on my nightstand to charge my phone. #beltandsuspenders

The Apple store down the street has a whole wall of the lightning cables.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site

I Need multiple cables because Right now my battery life stinks. Have to figure out what's wrong. Already restored as new once.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

I have 3 - home, work, car. Wouldn't mind having 1 more to keep at my home computer.

My wife also has 3 - home, work, car.

So between the 2 of us we have 6.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have one for my nightstand,one for my Manfrotto bag (goes everywhere with me and houses my MBP and 40D), and one for the car.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Pretty much .. I got 2 extra one for car and one for bedroom ... I really have bought 8 but sold the other 6

LocoStrange

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site

Yea, for convenience. I have one in my car since I travel from the subs to Chicago. Then I have one in my backpack for backup since I do tend to be away from my car and home all day. It beats having to walk to my car just to charge my phone if it dies. I have my main one at my bed. And I have one at my computer room/office.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
1. For the night stand.
2. For the car.
3. The constant companion (the Manfrotto Veloce V backpack which carries the MBP, the 40D, lenses, etc.)

Plus the cables come with a year warranty. I would say I ordered about 5 knockoff $3 30-pin cables per year. I feel better now that if a cable starts to fray or anything I can just take it back and get it replaced.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73