Where does quicktime write screen recordings on the disk?

Baz88

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
I have limited space on my mac at them moment. Yesterday i had about 5gb left and i did a screen recording. When the mac ran out of space the screen recording stopped on its own. When you finish a screen recording, it asks you where to save, however, even though i didn't save it anyway, i believe as it records, it automatically writes it to the disk somewhere, because well it wouldn't work any other way. It has to record it onto the disk as its recording. After the recording, i didn't save it, but the 5gb i had is now gone because it was sued up by QuickTime, but i don't know where so now i literally have zero bytes of space left on my disk.

Where does Quicktime write screen recordings to so i can delete it and free up space.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have limited space on my mac at them moment. Yesterday i had about 5gb left and i did a screen recording. When the mac ran out of space the screen recording stopped on its own. When you finish a screen recording, it asks you where to save, however, even though i didn't save it anyway, i believe as it records, it automatically writes it to the disk somewhere, because well it wouldn't work any other way. It has to record it onto the disk as its recording. After the recording, i didn't save it, but the 5gb i had is now gone because it was sued up by QuickTime, but i don't know where so now i literally have zero bytes of space left on my disk.

Where does Quicktime write screen recordings to so i can delete it and free up space.

Mine is defaulted to save to iCloud, but you can point it to save to whatever folder you'd like. Start a new screen recording, and after you stop it, it will give you the option of choosing where to save it. See where it's defaulted to save and then more than likely that is where your other screen recording are.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1