Where do you bring your iPads?

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I have a Rickshaw bag so I can sling it over my shoulder and I take it (and other junk) almost everywhere. Even if I am not sure, I can always leave it in the car.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
I travel with it a lot. Home (everything!), while on road trips (movies and maps), great for information and sharing my portfolio at work (I'm a Body modification artist), to my Sunday sports outings (ballparks, sports bars, etc .. stat tracking, highlights, etc..). There are times when it does stay home or in the trunk when being active, but I have it on me at most times. Not being afraid of scratching it an finding a nice bag ( always been a messenger bag guy so that make it easy) can be key to it's portability.

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I take my everywhere. I have the Wallet case from Happy Owl Studios so it is my wallet so I have to take it. I have the ScotteVest Essential Jacket which the pub pocket will hold it in the iPad 1 in the case. Spring is here so I get to wear it more. I have the Sprint MiFI 2200 so I have Internet almost everywhere (Still not 4G in Michigan - except Grand Rapids). The only place I use the iPod Touch Gen 1 is at the gym (Clubhouse with Wifi) for Pandora (latest rebuild won't let me put Stitcher Radio on my iPod Touch). I use the iPad on the Bus as I commute back and forth to and from work. I have not taken my laptop out of the house (except to Jailbreak a few iPads at Pandera Bread at $50 a pop). I use Logmein Ignition (first paid app I bought) to remote control my work and personal desktop, laptops and servers. I use TeamViewer (free) to remote control my Dad's laptop and other people's, who are too cheap (or abuse my friendship or family status) to pay me, computers. I never leave home without the iPad and seldom do I ever leave it in the car.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Mine is 3G so I take it everywhere. I have an hour train ride each way to and from work and it allows me to leave my laptop at work. When I'm at work I bring with me on my lunch break to the park nearby to have lunch and sit in the sun.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am going to church for the first time today and my iPad is coming with me :).

God must be an Apple fanboy, since the devices are magical. So I am sure he will be ok with me bringing it.

dandbj13

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I am going to church for the first time today and my iPad is coming with me :).

God must be an Apple fanboy, since the devices are magical. So I am sure he will be ok with me bringing it.

Playing Angry Birds during the sermon is generally frowned upon. But, you might consider Mantis Bible Study, mantisbible.com. It is the best bible experience I have ever had. Buying modules can get spendy. But if you are into that sort of thing, you can't go wrong with this software. Nothing ever goes wrong with an iPad that has bible software on it. :)

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Everywhere. Including the can. I didnt used to be a bathroom reader. Now it makes trips magical. I wNt to make mobile games and call the company Throne Games.

MacGuy76

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine mainly stays at home. I turn on the 3G when I travel (about 6-10 times a year). I use my iPhone for my daily use outside the house.

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine usually goes with me, everywhere. I have the iPad, wifi, and tether with my Droid X (can't upgrade to iPhone just yet). Goes in a pink/black OtterBox case in a gorgeous Golla bag. I have jury duty next week and you can bet it's going with me!

Yankeexpress

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
iPad 3G is great at sea

GPS is the killer app for sailors. Don't need to be in cellular range to get GPS reception. The app called iNavx is awesome. Download NOAA charts prior to leaving on a voyage and the iPad becomes a handheld chart plotter.

Put the iPad in a sealed, clear ziplock bag (the touch screen works fine thru the plastic) and you're good to go anywhere rain or shine.

But remember...you don't get GPS with a wi-fi only iPad.

Reactions: Rocktapus

TechNoid

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
How many of you take the iPad to the Coffee Shop

I am loving my ipad2. I can't put it down.

I was wondering. How many of you take it with you out of the house everyday? Like to Starbucks or when you are out with the girlfriend and need to kill time while she shops?

I don't see a lot of ipads in the wild? I see lots of netbooks and PC's in coffee shops but almost no ipads.

What gives?

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why you don't see many iPads. I see quite a few. I'm new in business, and often bring my iPad with me to all of our team meetings, which are typically held at restaurants, bars, etc. Very handy for showing off our website to people with, and bringing up spreadsheets, ppt presentations, videos, etc. I do bring my iPad everywhere with me in my car or my backpack, because my phone has a really unreliable battery *cough*Palm*cough*. Having the iPad with me helps me keep in touch with people through email or IM long after my phone dies, whenever I'm away from home for more than 6 hours.
Bonus points for being light as a book!

TechNoid

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why you don't see many iPads. I see quite a few. I'm new in business, and often bring my iPad with me to all of our team meetings, which are typically held at restaurants, bars, etc. Very handy for showing off our website to people with, and bringing up spreadsheets, ppt presentations, videos, etc. I do bring my iPad everywhere with me in my car or my backpack, because my phone has a really unreliable battery *cough*Palm*cough*. Having the iPad with me helps me keep in touch with people through email or IM long after my phone dies, whenever I'm away from home for more than 6 hours.
Bonus points for being light as a book!

I take mine everywhere. And yes, I can kill the battery on my iphone 4 by lunch time.

Do what I do. Pack your iphone charger with you. There are always sockets to plug into.

Sometimes I go to a cell phone store or the Apple Store to get a quick charge.

dev2nsu

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I haven't taken my iPad out in the wild yet besides church. I don't see alot of them out and about neither. I guess everyone is keeping them tucked away inside. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I take mine everywhere. And yes, I can kill the battery on my iphone 4 by lunch time.

Do what I do. Pack your iphone charger with you. There are always sockets to plug into.

Sometimes I go to a cell phone store or the Apple Store to get a quick charge.

When I go out for long periods of time with my phone, I usually don't have a wall charger anywhere nearby. Only if I have my car with me, I use the car charger then. It helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bronson#IM

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I take mine to bed and we have a good time! ;-) Seriously, I put mine safely underneath the other pillow on my bed when I'm ready to go to sleep. It goes almost everywhere with me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR