where do I find my Wi-Fi password to start up my new iPad Mini ?

I

iMore Question

where do I find my wi fi password to start up my new ipad mini ?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It should be the Wireless Network Key listed on your router or sometimes the company may have set it up using your phone number. Hope this helps!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
you can also log into your router and create a long secure PassPhrase of your own. Most hackers know the default router codes so it would be best you choose your own with numbers and letters.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
where do I find my wi fi password to start up my new ipad mini ?

I'm obviously missing something here. How would we know where you keep your Wi-Fi passcode? If you did not write it down somewhere or store it in a password app of some sort, you need to reset your router and then enter a new passcode and then remember what it is so that you can use it with your iPad Mini.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm obviously missing something here. How would we know where you keep your Wi-Fi passcode? If you did not write it down somewhere or store it in a password app of some sort, you need to reset your router and then enter a new passcode and then remember what it is so that you can use it with your iPad Mini.

Well, to be blunt that is about the gist of it. :-/

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe the OP is just thinking that there is a WIFI code that comes with the iPad or with his router. We who have experience with this know otherwise so I think he/she got the idea we gave him/her and now they know what to do and hopefully take our advice and come up with their own strong PassPhrase. More like just a matter of confusion. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Sadly, it’s par for the course with these "Ask a question" threads...