Where can I get an iphone 14 WITH the SIM Tray in the US?

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been a loyal customer, but this removal of the SIM is really screaming SAMSUNG at me.
Anybody know any tricks to order a non-US model that comes with a SIM tray at close to the US price?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you know anyone in Canada who can buy one for you and then have it shipped to you in the U.S.?

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I believe apple removed the SIM cards to improve the antenna.

They can claim whatever the reason is, but it is a major inconvenience for many people who travel and use multiple SIM cards. Many countries make you jump thru hoops to get an eSIM.
Even ATT here in the US is a pain.

The NON-US model still has a sim card.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They can claim whatever the reason is, but it is a major inconvenience for many people who travel and use multiple SIM cards. Many countries make you jump thru hoops to get an eSIM.

Not really.
You can even purchase an esim before getting on a plane. I would classify that as a point of convenience.

52332a77155a07bea2c3e5700c4cfbb0.png

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Not really.
You can even purchase an esim before getting on a plane. I would classify that as a point of convenience.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220917/52332a77155a07bea2c3e5700c4cfbb0.png

Sure, give worldwide carriers as example. The epitome of bloodsuckers. The whole reason for wanting eSIM or SIM from a local carrier is that it’s much much cheaper than whatever worldwide carrier.

As an alternative to worldwide carriers, you could look up local carriers of the country you’re visiting online and see if you can purchase an eSIM before getting there.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sure, give worldwide carriers as example. The epitome of bloodsuckers. The whole reason for wanting eSIM or SIM from a carrier is that it’s much much cheaper than whatever worldwide carrier.

As an alternative to worldwide carriers, you could look up local carriers of the country you’re visiting online and see if you can purchase an eSIM before getting there.

Indeed world wide carriers are available to provide esim support world wide. That was the point of my post.

giphy.gif

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not all countries networks offer that yet.
Hence, the reason there are some with sim trays.

But there are carriers that offer esim world wide. It the domestic carriers refuse to offer esim going forward, the world wide carriers will be eating their lunch.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Worldwide carriers providing esim support world wide does not make sense to you.

giphy.gif

Nope. The issue is not worldwide carriers. Not at all.

We’re talking about local carriers here. That’s the whole point.
Worldwide carriers are not a solution in this particular case, for they are not even remotely as cheap as local carriers. The issue here is that some local carriers don’t support the eSIM yet.
Saying that there are worldwide carriers doesn’t nullify the previous statement.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Nope. The issue is not worldwide carriers. Not at all.

We’re talking about local carriers here. That’s the whole point.
Worldwide carriers are not a solution in this particular case, for they are not even remotely as cheap as local carriers. The issue here is that some local carriers don’t support the eSIM yet.
Saying that there are worldwide carriers doesn’t nullify the previous statement.

No. The op clearly is talking about traveling internationally. Worldwide carriers are actually a big part of traveling internationally. That’s who I was replying to. Here is the post in question .

If you want to discuss local carriers in the Netherlands by all means start a new thread, but if I’m not mistaken iphones in the nether lands still retain a SIM card tray.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
No. The op clearly is talking about traveling internationally. Worldwide carriers are actually a big part of traveling internationally. That’s who I was replying to. Here is the post in question .

If you want to discuss local carriers in the Netherlands by all means start a new thread, but if I’m not mistaken iphones in the nether lands still retain a SIM card tray.

I’m so sorry to see that your comprehensive skills are lacking.
OP clearly mentions the use of multiple SIM cards.
This means that OP doesn’t simply mean ‘one carrier fits them all’!
No, he actually really means that he wants the freedom to choose from whatever carrier in whichever country once he’s there while traveling.
So suggesting that OP buys an eSIM from a worldwide carrier is simply a horrible advice.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I’m so sorry to see that your comprehensive skills are lacking.
OP clearly mentions the use of multiple SIM cards.
This means that OP doesn’t simply mean ‘one carrier fits them all’!
No, he actually really means that he wants the freedom to choose from whatever carrier in whichever country once he’s there while traveling.
So suggesting that OP buys an eSIM from a worldwide carrier is simply a horrible advice.

“People who travel AND use multiple SIM cards”.

Your apologies are not necessary, Perhaps you should go back and reread what was posted. Your comprehensive skills might need some more work.

giphy.gif

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
“People who travel AND use multiple SIM cards”.

Your apologies are not necessary, Perhaps you should go back and reread what was posted. Your comprehensive skills might need some more work.

giphy.gif

Surely you know there will be no apologizing from me.
This conversation is over.
It’s hard to discuss matters with someone who isn’t serious and is only in it to make simple jabs at someone. Those gifs aren’t helping your case either.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Surely you know there will be no apologizing from me.
This conversation is over.
It’s hard to discuss matters with someone who isn’t serious and is only in it to make simple jabs at someone. Those gifs aren’t helping your case either.

You already apologized in your earlier post.

Your refusal to acknowledge what was posted by the op in regards to international travel does not help your case.

Everyone makes mistakes, I didn’t take your jab about reading comprehension personally since I actually read the ops post.

Have a wonderful evening.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually I do, but the price in Canada is way more than it is in the US.

The price difference is 55USD (before taxes).

The iPhone 14 Pro 128GB is 1399$ (or 1054.89USD)

Assuming you’re buying in Québec (because that’s the taxation structure I know), you need to add 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST), then you add 9.975% on top for the Provincial Sales Tax (PST). That totals to 1615.48$.

Now, to convert to USD. That ends being 1218.13USD.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73