Where and how is your iPad Pro 11” Wi-Fi + Cellular bent?

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
My iPad Pro 11” Wi-Fi + Cellular has two bends. I did not notice them when I got it. I checked my iPad after I read the reports and found them. They are at the top and bottom of the chassis where the antenna lines are located. For instance, if one looks at the top edge of the chassis from the power button towards the farthest speaker so that the display is on the left, one can notice that the chassis starts bending inward where the antenna line is. The bends are subtle, but they are there. I have not yet installed a screen protector (with three dogs at home it becomes difficult to achieve a speck-free screen protector installation). When I do, it will let you know if the bends impede the screen protector to adhere evenly to the glass surface. Is your iPad Pro 11” Wi-Fi + Cellular bent? If so, please let us know where and how.

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
No bends!!

I suspect that all iPad Pros with Cellular have bends associated with the antenna lines located at the top and bottom of the chassis. For someone who is undecided as to which iPad Pro configuration to get, or considering whether to return an iPad Pro affected by the antenna-line bends, a photo of a straight Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad Pro would be useful. Please post a photo of your iPad Pro. If there are straight Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad Pro units outside of Cupertino's Apple Park, it might be worth to play the Cellular iPad Pro lottery.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I can't believe I'm doing this BUT THERE ARE NO BENDS IN MY IPAD PRO 11"!!
I received my iPad Pro 11" on release day and it is used every day. I have it in the Apple folio case, which I don't like since it doesn't give the protection my other iPad cases do, and when I take it to work, 4 days a week 10 hours a day, I carry it in a canvas brief case.

Attachments

• back resized.jpg
    back resized.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 6
  • front resized.jpg
    front resized.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 6

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe I'm doing this BUT THERE ARE NO BENDS IN MY IPAD PRO 11"!!
I received my iPad Pro 11" on release day and it is used every day. I have it in the Apple folio case, which I don't like since it doesn't give the protection my other iPad cases do, and when I take it to work, 4 days a week 10 hours a day, I carry it in a canvas brief case.

Thank you for the photos. My iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular is straight along the length of each side. However, with the iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular the bends do not generally occur along the sides but on the top and bottom of the device where the antenna lines are located. Please see my original post.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Apparently...
the users on another blog...
:cough:M**Rumors:cough:...
Seem to have the most issues with cases of ‘bending/bent’ iPad Pro....
Maybe, just maybe, this is the internetzzz equivalent of a ‘tempest in a tea pot,’ as I don’t think that Apple has made an official statement yet about this situation. And the Apple employee that had responded to a user’s email regarding this, spoke about what the tolerances were for them (> or = 400 microns). Obviously if someone has an iPad Pro that exceeds those parameters then by all means I would recommend returning it for either an exchange or refund if one is still able to do so.

Last edited:

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for the photos. My iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular is straight along the length of each side. However, with the iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular the bends do not generally occur along the sides but on the top and bottom of the device where the antenna lines are located. Please see my original post.

So your saying the iPads are bending width wise vs. length wise.

Edit 1: well I checked my iPad across the width and I stand corrected. The bend appears to be centered very close to the usb3 connector which is not too far from a antenna break. The bend is maybe .0005", maybe less than 1mm. The attached photos are for the bottom front and back. The top looks about the same.

Attachments

• front bottom resized.jpg
    front bottom resized.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 4
  • back bottom resized.jpg
    back bottom resized.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
So your saying the iPads are bending width wise vs. length wise.

What I am saying is not that Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad Pros are bending width-wise, but that it appears that they had width-wise bends at the time they left the factory. At least I am certain that my Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad Pro was shipped with width-wise bends.

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
“For instance, if one looks at the top edge of the chassis from the power button”

That’s strange. The power button on all of my iPads is on the left side, not on the top.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I just unboxed my 11” 1TB Cellular

032883fc503011b9d1bf9a38f92acc8d.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal