When will cases be available??

techiechick

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Any idea when cases will be available? Other than Otterbox??
Something light and minimalistic but that will protect the back from scratches would be great! Leather would be even better!
There are some listed on Amazon, but they just don't look quite right..

I want to pre-order on Friday, but I also want to protect the new baby ASAP.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Any idea when cases will be available? Other than Otterbox??
Something light and minimalistic but that will protect the back from scratches would be great! Leather would be even better!
There are some listed on Amazon, but they just don't look quite right..

I want to pre-order on Friday, but I also want to protect the new baby ASAP.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU1944903

I ordered this one! It seems fairly well protective and minimalistic. Bear Motion is pretty reputable when it comes to ipad cases so I have faith that it's made to the proper specifications.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if eventually Apple will come out with mini Smart Cases like the regular iPad.

These were announced with the iPad mini. How did you miss this? Lol

I've personally never liked the smart covers. They offer no drop or ding protection which is a deal breaker for people like me who let their kids play with their tablet (in my case, my 4-year-old niece).

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
BODYGUARDZ is great for skin protection. Have it on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marklukes

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I already ordered a case for the iPad mini I preordered. Found a site that has quite a few choices.

http://www.seusee.com/electronics/electronics-accessories/ipad-mini/

andsoitgoes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping to find an Otterbox case, but NOT at those horrific retail prices. I can't justify spending $70 on a defender case. Right now the price for the iPhone 5 cases have dropped almost in half, and since this is a Christmas present, I've got loads of time to wait out the stupid pricing.

Are there any other defender like (all in one, screen protector attached) cases available?

temna#CB

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
These were announced with the iPad mini. How did you miss this? Lol

I've personally never liked the smart covers. They offer no drop or ding protection which is a deal breaker for people like me who let their kids play with their tablet (in my case, my 4-year-old niece).

I see smart covers, not smart cases.

fordgirl14

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to find a case as well....especially if the black mini is going to scratch easily. I just find the Otterbox too bulky.

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I just want a clear back shell like the Speck one I have for my iPad 2- If not, I guess I just rock the smart cover.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I was really wanting a red leather Smart Cover, but they didn't have one for the Mini in the Apple Store. Totally bummed...

Jackal

May 5, 2009
Visit site
If you want to spend $300+ dollars on a tablet and want otterbox protection but arent willing to pay otterbox prices why dont you just try to be careful. I never dropped my 1st gen iPad and I had it until a month ago.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've used the InCase leather 'book jacket' case on both my ipad 2 and ipad 3... waiting impatiently for incase to release a similar book jacket case for the mini... incase's new 'revolution' book jacket case is neat - allows portrait view standing as well...

andsoitgoes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
If you want to spend $300+ dollars on a tablet and want otterbox protection but arent willing to pay otterbox prices why dont you just try to be careful. I never dropped my 1st gen iPad and I had it until a month ago.

I assume you're referring to me, and I don't want to pay otterbox prices because in a month or so they'll be half of what they are now. As this is a christmas present, I have no need to rush out and buy one at this moment, when I can just wait and save around $30.

As for the "Just don't drop it", those arguments are by and large the worst possible ones anyone can make. First, and foremost, the Mini is for my kids who, while they understand the importance and fragility of the device, are still kids and more prone to making a mistake. Seeing as my house provides no protection for these devices falling on them, I refuse to let them go uncovered, or even lightly covered. My iPad is fine in a less protective case because, well, I'm very careful with it. But anything that touches their hands is going to be covered in the worlds' toughest case known to man.