When should I get in line?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You know you're on a site dedicated to iPhone/iOS enthusiasts...a site which is part of a broader network of phone enthusiast news/fan sites right?

This is the only site where people wait weeks ahead of time for a phone though. A phone...

I'll never understand the hold Apple has over people. Nice products no doubt...but to camp for one? It can't be that serious. Especially if you have a 4s already.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
This is the only site where people wait weeks ahead of time for a phone though. A phone...

I'll never understand the hold Apple has over people. Nice products no doubt...but to camp for one? It can't be that serious. Especially if you have a 4s already.

It's the same as waiting on the new Xbox or Playstation...I'm a fan of both and have went to many a mid-night release for games and systems not because they have "a hold" of me but because i love games and its fun to go and hang out with people that have the same interests as i do.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It's the same as waiting on the new Xbox or Playstation...I'm a fan of both and have went to many a mid-night release for games and systems not because they have "a hold" of me but because i love games and its fun to go and hang out with people that have the same interests as i do.

It's the same as lining up eight hours before Garth Brooks tickets went on sale just so I could get tickets to a concert which I have done. Twice.

If people want something that bad, they'll do anything to get it even if it means camping out for a week in front of an Apple store.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
It's the same as lining up eight hours before Garth Brooks tickets went on sale just so I could get tickets to a concert which I have done. Twice.

If people want something that bad, they'll do anything to get it even if it means camping out for a week in front of an Apple store.

LOVE me some Garth Brooks..."ain't going down to the sun comes up" one of my favs and yes i can sing the entire song...LOL

chris_ziko

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Do they let you buy the iPhone full price in the store for verizon? I want to keep the unlimited data and dont have an upgrdae and dont want to show up 8 hours early and leave empty handed :D

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I seriously doubt going late in the morning will help you get a phone.

I would recommend driving down around 6 and then 10ish to see the condition. The latest I would recommend is midnight. Most people working second shifts end up around that time and probably that is the make it break situation.

Just my 2 cents.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

You should see the people that camp for video games LOL. Sure not as massive as iPhone but it's what they prefer to do with their time and money. What's it to you?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Do they let you buy the iPhone full price in the store for verizon? I want to keep the unlimited data and dont have an upgrdae and dont want to show up 8 hours early and leave empty handed :D

Yes. If they have them in stock, you can buy full price.

what time do you think these apple stores will be sold out at???

If I go late morning do i have a chance?

Depends. The Apple store east of me sold out of the 4s iPhones rather quickly. The Verizon store near my work said they sold over a couple hundres 4s iPhones in two hours.

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting in line at my local Verizon store at 5:30AM. It is in a city of about 10,000. They said they wouldn't have a lot of stock, so I'm not going to take a chance of being too late.

asapp

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
have to stand in line, but not my choice

I did a pre-order on the 14th 7:05 am with AT&T thru Premier. I received 2 confirmation emails, even though I only order 1. I got an email on Monday from Premier stating I need to contact them regarding my order. I waited 1 1/2 HOURS on hold for a rep. No one took me off hold. I called Tuesday at 7am - waited 20 minutes on hold. Talk to a rep and said 1 order had been cancelled and there is problem with the other order. My billing address is different than my shipping address so credit card was declined. So we got that straightened out on that order. She said I would not lose my place in the pre-order. It has been "processing" every day since Tuesday. This morning I checked it - it said BACK ORDERED. I was ticked off. Got on the phone with a Premier rep and said that it would ship in 14 to 21 days!!!! I said no way. Then she said she could mail me one FedEX 2-4 days. I told her to Fedex to me over night and cancel the other order. She said she could cancel an order while it is "processing status". I told her that is not true - someone could cancel it since it was not shipping for at least 14 days. It took me 30 minutes to convience her it could be done and it got done. Then I said to place my order. She said her ordering system went down and I just need to go to a retail store tomorrow.

Now I have to stand in line and not happy about it.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone waiting at the Apple Store in Richmond VA? I'm going to AT&T because I know apple will be pandemonium. :D

Did you have any luck? All of the Best Buys, Radio Shacks, and Walmarts in Hampton Roads were not even able to fill their pre-orders. I found one Target in Glen Allen that had 1 32GB Verizon, that was it......I had a preorder in at an AT&T store with confirmed delivery....and got nothing. I couldn't find anywhere that even was able to fill one Sprint pre order....kind of weird.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
You should see the people that camp for video games LOL. Sure not as massive as iPhone but it's what they prefer to do with their time and money. What's it to you?

People don't typically camp out for days over video games like people do for apple products dude. The most I have ever done, is go to a midnight launch for a few games.

Last edited: