When should I get in line?

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you have any luck? All of the Best Buys, Radio Shacks, and Walmarts in Hampton Roads were not even able to fill their pre-orders. I found one Target in Glen Allen that had 1 32GB Verizon, that was it......I had a preorder in at an AT&T store with confirmed delivery....and got nothing. I couldn't find anywhere that even was able to fill one Sprint pre order....kind of weird.

Should have tried the apple store in MacArthur mall on Norfolk,VA. I was there at 4 am and was number 16 in line they seemed to have enough phones for everyone there. But due to some craziness with AT&T I was unable to get a phone. Luckily, I had one pre ordered last Friday so I should have it by Thursday.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Should have tried the apple store in MacArthur mall on Norfolk,VA. I was there at 4 am and was number 16 in line they seemed to have enough phones for everyone there. But due to some craziness with AT&T I was unable to get a phone. Luckily, I had one pre ordered last Friday so I should have it by Thursday.

I wish I could have being I live in Virginia Beach, but I was in Richmond early that morning for work so I tried everywhere up there with no luck. I did speak to lots of stores other than Apple and they all said the same thing, little to no stock for even the preorders. I am surprised b/c i waited in line at Best Buy for the new iPad and the line was over 100 and they never came close to selling out.

My preorder is through the AT&T store in MacArthur mall and they received low single digits.....so we will see.

I might try to hit up Apple tomorrow and see if they have one and cancel my preorder if I get lucky.

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm downtown Chicago, total pandemonium on Friday happened! Lol jp! The apple store was super packed but the flagship AT&T store was fairly empty! I decided to get Verizon because I had no deposit to be paid! I left my dorms at about 6:20am, waited for the bus for like 10 mins, then just decided it'd be an easy walk! Got to State and Monroe, and I was like 12th in line at the Verizon store. Guys in front of me knew some worker and helped me get informed. Not many Black iPhones were in store, more white but I got the last Black 32GB! Overall I had a great iPhone experience! I loved it

rex450se

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I was first in line at a smaller local Verizon store. I got there at about 9:30 the night before and waited in my car until about 12:30 when someone else showed up. I didn't know how it would have worked preordering one since we were switching 5 lines over from T-Mobile so I just thought it would be easier to do the change when we bought the phones. We couldn't go any length of time without a phone so I wanted to be sure I was first in line. By 8 there were about a dozen people there. I got a Black 32gb, a White and Black 16 Gb, and a White and Black 16 Gb 4s. I ended up getting 2 of the 3 16Gb models they had. So I was glad the waiting wasn't for nothing.

Victor

asapp

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I went to my small town local AT&T store at 8:30 - they didn't open until 9am. Manager came out to tell me he only got 6 iphone 5 and they are going to the 6 people who got there btw 7-7:30 am. So I went by the office for couple of hours even though I was off that day. I went to another AT&T store - the one I usually go to- about 30 minutes away. Walked in at 10:30 am, no lines, walked out at 10:50 with my white 16gb iphone 5. I have NEVER gotten out of the AT&T store when upgrading so fast. I am always in there at least 45 minutes to 1 hr. One of the employees said the line was wrapped around the building, and then some with people who had camped out - they opened at 8am. It was great to get in and out in 20 minutes! Love the iphone 5 - my first iphone that I have ever had.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods