When is OS 10.9/11 coming?

shack1108

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Just looking for some general thoughts from the iMore community. Last year, Apple dropped OS X Mountain Lion on us on February 16 and said they were moving to yearly updates. February has come and gone with no press release. Does this mean Apple is taking more time to prepare OS 11, or just refining some things on OS 10.9? What do you think either 10.9 or 11 might bring? Just looking to see what others think! Personally, I think they're just spending some extra time on 10.9 since they diverted some staff to OS 11, iOS 7, rumored iWatch, what have you (similar to Leopard/iPhone situation). Thanks for your time!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yearly OS releases don't necessarily mean on the same date as previous releases. Apple (especially in the last couple of years) has started to really have a sporadic and inconsistent release date profile.

I wouldn't expect any new OS release (given the minimal amount of information available right now) until at least summer, maybe later.

NPBeck79

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Just looking for some general thoughts from the iMore community. Last year, Apple dropped OS X Mountain Lion on us on February 16 and said they were moving to yearly updates. February has come and gone with no press release. Does this mean Apple is taking more time to prepare OS 11, or just refining some things on OS 10.9? What do you think either 10.9 or 11 might bring? Just looking to see what others think! Personally, I think they're just spending some extra time on 10.9 since they diverted some staff to OS 11, iOS 7, rumored iWatch, what have you (similar to Leopard/iPhone situation). Thanks for your time!

I think that last February they announced it but they offered it in June. The February announcement was probably solely for advertising the new way of dealing with Mac osx. I don't think that it meant an annual February review. I think it will be available early summer as last year and they will keep their annual update at around that period. But of course I m only guessing hey. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geas34