Whatsapp chat not in chronological order

KingTTT

Nov 17, 2022
Visit site
Previously when I used to delete a message from a chat, whatsapp automatically use to resort the chat list according to date. but now when I delete a message, it does not change the chat list by date. For example, if someone messaged me last month and then again today, if I delete todays message, his chat will not move down to last month. In fact, it will remain on top of the list with last month date on the right. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Previously when I used to delete a message from a chat, whatsapp automatically use to resort the chat list according to date. but now when I delete a message, it does not change the chat list by date. For example, if someone messaged me last month and then again today, if I delete todays message, his chat will not move down to last month. In fact, it will remain on top of the list with last month date on the right. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Hello and welcome to iMore. iMore is a forum devoted primarily to Apple Devices and Products. Of course, there's always the possibility that someone here may be able to help you but it seems that your issue is better suited for Whatsapp support: https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/?subject=messenger.

KingTTT

Nov 17, 2022
Visit site
Thank you Annie for your kind reply. Well I checked whatsapp support and they did not provide me with any answer.
I am hoping that someone has the same issue as mine and resolved it. Thus would help me solve my issue. Thx again

Tarik Bang

Dec 12, 2022
Visit site
Thank you Annie for your kind reply. Well I checked whatsapp support and they did not provide me with any answer.
I am hoping that someone has the same issue as mine and resolved it. Thus would help me solve my issue. Thx again

I have the same problem, did u get yours fixed yet? If you do, can u tell me how to fix it?
I've tried re-install it, installed with older version then upgrade, clear data, played with the time zone, etc2.. Still not fixed..
Mine was fine, then i installed a game and while it was updating, i cancelled and uninstalled the game, and the WA started to be like this...
I assumed something wrong when i installed or updating the game...
I did installed the game and update the game, but the WA already error in chats order..

kedar eshwar

Dec 14, 2022
Visit site
I have the same problem, did u get yours fixed yet? If you do, can u tell me how to fix it?
I've tried re-install it, installed with older version then upgrade, clear data, played with the time zone, etc2.. Still not fixed..
Mine was fine, then i installed a game and while it was updating, i cancelled and uninstalled the game, and the WA started to be like this...
I assumed something wrong when i installed or updating the game...
I did installed the game and update the game, but the WA already error in chats order..

I'm having the same problem , please help

Willtup2

Dec 31, 2022
Visit site
Hi there - I too am having the same problem with a recent change to the order of my whatsapp chats - they used to be in chronological message order then about a month ago (end of November this year) they changed and no longer re- sort themselves back into chronological order according to the last message date remaining on the chat - they now stay in the order of last contacted NOT last remaining message date :(
I cannot see how to change this back and I HAVE contacted whatsapp TWICE and altho I received the standard acknowledgement reply to my messages i have not received any further reply from them since and its been 3 weeks since i contacted them !
All of the phones in my family have been affected in the same way by this change so its not just my phone - i am very keen to find out why this has happened as i would love to revert to the previous chat order as it suited me much better - so any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you xx

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi there - I too am having the same problem with a recent change to the order of my whatsapp chats - they used to be in chronological message order then about a month ago (end of November this year) they changed and no longer re- sort themselves back into chronological order according to the last message date remaining on the chat - they now stay in the order of last contacted NOT last remaining message date :(
I cannot see how to change this back and I HAVE contacted whatsapp TWICE and altho I received the standard acknowledgement reply to my messages i have not received any further reply from them since and its been 3 weeks since i contacted them !
All of the phones in my family have been affected in the same way by this change so its not just my phone - i am very keen to find out why this has happened as i would love to revert to the previous chat order as it suited me much better - so any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you xx

I understand that this is very frustrating, and hopefully some here on iMore will be able to shed some light on why this is happening. That said, please keep in mind that this forum is not solely dedicated to WhatsApp. This forum is primarily dedicated to Apple products and  fans. You may want explore forums dedicated to WhatsApp and its users.