What's your all time favorite console?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

I was talking to my coworker yesterday and he's a bit younger than me, and he grew up with the original Nintendo, which is said was still his favorite console. For me it was the one I grew up with the Atari 2600. I also remember the original Pong console, BUT for me it was the 2600, that really brought console gaming to life!

So what about you? Was it one of those? Was it the Original XBox, or PSP? Was it a handheld? I still have VERY fond memories of the Sega Gamegear, anyone remember that?

bmhillegass87

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Has to be Nintendo 64 for me! I remember the exact Christmas I got it. I opened up the GoldenEye box BEFORE the console, and my eyes lit up like never before. I scrambled to find the bigger gift that had the console inside. Played that system like I've never played any other.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If I had to narrow it down? If I was truly forced to say only one as a favorite, I still don't think I could. I put so much time into consoles in the 90's-00's. I completed the first two Spyro games on PS1 100%, and I very nearly 100%ed Ocarina of Time, I've owned almost every single iteration of Nintendo handhelds and have played Pokémon since 2001, and then my Sega back in the day...back when gaming was challenging and not just infuriating dealing with other people or an onslaught of enemies and surprises, but actually challenging.

I might go with PS1, though I can't fully commit to it.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
There were 2 consoles that I got a serious amount of game time with. The first was my PS2. It was the very first console I had and was so great to be able to play with friends in multilayer mode. My first game was 'Jack And Daxer - the precursor legacy'. So many good memories.

The second console, probably a little less well know was Xavix golf 😃 it was kinda like the Wii console but the graphics were probably worse haha. Still a super fun console.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
My favorite console of all time is the Super Nintendo. It had so many great games. Here's a list of my favorites, in no particular order:

*Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2
*Super Mario World
*Super Metroid
*Chrono Trigger!
*Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
*Smart Ball (esoteric game there)
*Mario Kart
*Super Mario RPG
*Yoshi's Island
*Kirby's Avalanche
*Mega Man X
*Mario All Stars
*Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Has to be Nintendo 64 for me! I remember the exact Christmas I got it. I opened up the GoldenEye box BEFORE the console, and my eyes lit up like never before. I scrambled to find the bigger gift that had the console inside. Played that system like I've never played any other.

Goldeneye was my favorite. I remember playing multiplayer for hours and hours with my high school friends. And then I got a GameShark and it made the game so much more fun!

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
N64 or (don't laugh) Dreamcast. N64 simply because that and goldeneye on Christmas morning was amazing.

The Dreamcast because I remember ordering it and having it delivered and as it was my first job in work I had to wait for my lunch break to bike home and plug it all in so it was ready for when I got home! Tomb raider was the first game I had for it and also it came with chu chu rocket.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW