What's the worst thing you could say about your iPhone?

makya53

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Navigation, when I was on the other side stock google maps was the best and fast. I've purchased 4 navi apps that don't even hold a lighter to the android. I hate the fact that with big red and any navi on my iPhone i can't talk and navigate @ the same time. I miss that annoying chick coming through my bt when I was on a call saying in 100' take exit 420.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok great LMK how you do. Speaking the punctuation also works when your dictating a text/iMessage too:) (when your actually in the message app to reply instead of typing)

It worked. I tried it out yesterday afternoon when I got home and I can now say Siri passed remedial English classes. :)

Now if I could just JB I'd be a happy chickie.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Navigation, when I was on the other side stock google maps was the best and fast. I've purchased 4 navi apps that don't even hold a lighter to the android. I hate the fact that with big red and any navi on my iPhone i can't talk and navigate @ the same time. I miss that annoying chick coming through my bt when I was on a call saying in 100' take exit 420.

I haven't read through the thread but yep, this. Navigation. Google Maps is limited. Apple really needs their own solution baked into the OS and I look forward to seeing their take on it.

Navigon is ok, but to have navigation integrated into the OS would just be light years better. With billions in the bank, this is what i'd focus on.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
YES! That is so annoying! When I first got the 4S, I accidentally replied to a group and a few of the recipients were international calls. Oh well!

Solution: Turn off Group Messaging. SETTINGS --> MESSAGES --> Group Messaging, turn "OFF"

This way you will only reply to the sender.

Didn't know about this one.
Just changed my settings.
TksLVMHgirl

juelz203

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
that my email doesn't come in unless i manually open the mail app (even though i have Push on and it is supposed to check/fetch new emails every 15 minutes) they just don't seem to come in and no one from Apple seems to know the answer. For all that my blackberry didn't do at least i got my emails AS SOON AS THEY WERE RECEIVED in my email client...

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Good info Pink.
Tks
Yvw TT !!

(10chars)

YES! That is so annoying! When I first got the 4S, I accidentally replied to a group and a few of the recipients were international calls. Oh well!

Solution: Turn off Group Messaging. SETTINGS --> MESSAGES --> Group Messaging, turn "OFF"

Thank you LV !! I never knew this either.

Quick question though - turning this feature to OFF will not prevent you from being able to still send a group message correct?

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Triple thanks to you!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
that my email doesn't come in unless i manually open the mail app (even though i have Push on and it is supposed to check/fetch new emails every 15 minutes) they just don't seem to come in and no one from Apple seems to know the answer. For all that my blackberry didn't do at least i got my emails AS SOON AS THEY WERE RECEIVED in my email client...

Don't know what email client you're using, but set it up as exchange. I have my GMail set up as exchagne and it comes through as soon as it hits my computer.

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Heres one that kind of annoys me. I get an alert for a text. If I unlock my screen, it alerts me again. I even have the setting to never repeat. Is this normal?

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My biggest peeve has more to do with Apple -- it's stranglehold on the app market, and the way it discourages or fights jail breaking. For instance, now apple is no longer signing ios 5.0.1 and there is no way to downgrade if you were forced to install or misguidedly installed 5.1. This sucks.

Regarding the iOS generally:

1: it needs an option to make alarms progressive.

2: it needs different ringer/alert profiles that can be change instantly, like blackberrys have.

3. Five icons on the doc

4. The ability to hide native apps - like the calendar if you use an aftermarket one.

5. Newsstand sucks. Lose it or allow
Is the option to choose whether to use is, or alternatively turn it off. Let me take the NY time out of it and put it. With the rest of my Newpapers in a folder of my choosing.

6. The mail client needs the ability to set up additional mailboxes and rules so that all mail from one place (say my forwarded work mail) can be automatically directed to one mailbox.

Notably, most of theses are tweaks available from Cydia for jailbroken iPhones. Hopefully the new jailbreak will e available soon, or a way will be found to revert to iOS 5.0.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Heres one that kind of annoys me. I get an alert for a text. If I unlock my screen, it alerts me again. I even have the setting to never repeat. Is this normal?

Apparently a bug that some are experiencing including me. I'm getting the repeat on email alerts on my iPad 2 but iPhone 2 is OK.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen