What's the best way to send music files from one person to another?

I

iMore Question

I'm a music producer/engineer & I'm trying to find the best way to send music files to the people I record.

I've been using dropbox & Onedrive but I don't really like sending links, would rather send the actual file.

Is there any other app or way to send these files?

-Thanks for your help.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
What's tricky here is file size, and as such a file repository like Dropbox, OneDrive, or even megashare is your best bet. There is no practical way for you to directly send the file of the size you are talking. You COULD setup an ftp server on your PC or Mac and have your clients connect and transfer that way, but I still think dropbox, or another file repository is much more practical.

drod12

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Usually when I send the music files threw email. Its an MP3 file of may 1 or 2 files at a time until the project is done, then I'll send the whole project with a link from OneDrive or something like that.

I like having my files on me at all times, just in case someone requests something when I'm not at my computer. Something about send links out kind of irks me, maybe I'm just being difficult.
Guess I'll just have to suck it up.

Thanks for your advice.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm a DJ and the best way I found to send music is using Dropbox.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Usually when I send the music files threw email. Its an MP3 file of may 1 or 2 files at a time until the project is done, then I'll send the whole project with a link from OneDrive or something like that.

I like having my files on me at all times, just in case someone requests something when I'm not at my computer. Something about send links out kind of irks me, maybe I'm just being difficult.
Guess I'll just have to suck it up.

Thanks for your advice.

Right email can work, but that is not really direct either the file is uploaded from your PC/Mac to the net and then downloaded from the net to your client's PC/Mac (or device). And many email providers restrict file size so once you go beyond a certain size this no longer works. File repository is the way to go. Or like I said setting up an FTP, but those are not the easiest thing to setup and maintain. They are easy enough for your client's to use (although file repository like dropbox is easier), but a b-word to setup!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro