What's the best way to prevent data overages while traveling to Canada?

zimmb

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys i am new here . I will be traveling to Canada this summer and i have heard horror stories on data overages when traveling. what is the best way to do this to prevent overages i use a lot of data. thanks for the help

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Purchasing a pre-paid plan from either your current carrier or a Canadian carrier is an option to consider.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys i am new here . I will be traveling to Canada this summer and i have heard horror stories on data overages when traveling. what is the best way to do this to prevent overages i use a lot of data. thanks for the help

Whenever I travel from Canada to the US, I purchase a roaming package from my home carrier. The horror stories hold true on both sides of the border. Guess the carriers have to get richer somehow?

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
they do offer 800mb of data for $120. i am just nervous i will go over that overages is $2.05 a mb

I know. It's crazy! What I normally do is use WiFi most of the time then just the phone data when I really need it. Luckily for me that's not too often as most places I go, hotels, restraunts, etc have WiFi. I have Garmin onboard maps loaded, so GPS routing is free.