Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I would not say quad core is barely needed for hardcore PC gamers. It's definitely needed.

Take a look at what's going on with tablets and so-called phones. They are literally becoming all-in-one devices. They are being used for streaming video (changing how we watch TV), they are being used for games, desktop extensions, 3-D is coming, HD photography and 1080P video capture, video messaging and conferencing, and a multitude of other things. Oh and once in a while a phone call is made. To do all of that efficiently, how many processor's would you want?

Software cannot make up for hardware deficiencies or limitations. And with all of the above happening more RAM is a must.... So just because there isn't a need today for something it doesn't mean the need won't arise tomorrow...

People said more RAM was needed going up to the dual core A5 chip and Apple ignored them and the phone is fine. I do believe they will increase RAM this time around but it's Apple, they will do whatever they see fit and people will like it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Jeremy, any "inside" info this time around? even if you do i wouldn't blame you for not saying anything. this place turned into a genuine soap opera for a while

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Jeremy, any "inside" info this time around? even if you do i wouldn't blame you for not saying anything. this place turned into a genuine soap opera for a while

Exactly and at the end of the day I was dead on and never had any doubt about what I knew. I did mention, maybe in this thread but I'm not sure, about screen size. As of right now it is the same but it's too far off to say that will be the end product. Other than that some other stuff might appear on the front page of this site for the time being.

Last edited:

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I would not say quad core is barely needed for hardcore PC gamers. It's definitely needed.
I still wouldn't say its needed. For those tight budget HxC PC gamers a dual core i5 would be most adequate for their needs. Its true that more and more games are being developed with quad core in mind. Which in turn boosts performance in game, but that doesn't mean its needed. The GPU is still the most important factor when gaming.

Take a look at what's going on with tablets and so-called phones. They are literally becoming all-in-one devices. They are being used for streaming video (changing how we watch TV), they are being used for games, desktop extensions, 3-D is coming, HD photography and 1080P video capture, video messaging and conferencing, and a multitude of other things. Oh and once in a while a phone call is made. To do all of that efficiently, how many processor's would you want?
No phone on the planet currently uses true multitasking. Unless thats implemented i don't see a point. They obviously aren't ready for it. Also gaming has taken leaps in the past year, but honestly how many games do you really see pushing the boundaries on mobile phones/tablets. Not many. Not many at all.

Software cannot make up for hardware deficiencies or limitations. And with all of the above happening more RAM is a must.... So just because there isn't a need today for something it doesn't mean the need won't arise tomorrow...
You're right more RAM will be needed.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I still wouldn't say its needed. For those tight budget HxC PC gamers a dual core i5 would be most adequate for their needs. Its true that more and more games are being developed with quad core in mind. Which in turn boosts performance in game, but that doesn't mean its needed. The GPU is still the most important factor when gaming.

No phone on the planet currently uses true multitasking. Unless thats implemented i don't see a point. They obviously aren't ready for it. Also gaming has taken leaps in the past year, but honestly how many games do you really see pushing the boundaries on mobile phones/tablets. Not many. Not many at all.

You're right more RAM will be needed.

Points taken....But a little future proofing in a product never hurts....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner