Whatever happened to common sense?

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Well, I left my airpods in my pants pocket when I did laundry and guess what? Yep, my airpods got washed AND dried.

I'm calling Apple in the morning and demanding replacement since it was their fault.

Bah wah wah wah!

Did you use laundry detergent pods?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
This.

That poor old lady gets used as a punchline - and no one knows McDonalds knowingly served coffee that was dangerously over the temperature threshold. She gets laughed at after having multiple skin grafts because McDonalds was serving essentially napalm in a cup.

Mcdonalds PR team did a great job making sure that’s what people think.

I make a pour-over coffee every day. 205 degrees F is the optimal temperature for brewing coffee. If people want luke-warm coffee they should ask for it. McDonalds should make a better cup to handle coffee.

https://lifehacker.com/how-much-temperature-actually-matters-when-brewing-coff-510257540

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Accountability.... or the lack thereof, seems to be a disturbing trend these days. I think it applies to this conversation, as well as many other conversations on other topics that don't even apply to this one.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Everyone is missing the point.
People are mad because Apple has decided to make the glass back panel irreplacable. They have decided to solder camera to the glass panel so that they could get more money from you.

Look at Android phones. With an aftermarket glass panel it would cost you $20 dollars to replace it. $50-80 if you wanna run it through the vendor.
Apple didn't have to do it this way! You as customers should be mad, not praising it!

I agree both with the sentiment of the OP (that blaming Apple for a broken phone is non-sensical), I also agree a little bit with this. I'm not mad at Apple, but I think it's too bad that we're back to all-glass phones again. Back in 2013, I ended up staying with Android almost solely because I was worried about an all-glass iPhone, and those iPhones at least were relatively reparable compared with the 8 series and the X. I do keep my phone in a case - always have - and use a screen protector - always have - and have AppleCare+ - always get it, haven't used it yet for an iPhone - and rarely drop my phone, and never carry it in my back pocket, but I will most surely say that I would have been more comfortable buying an aluminum version of the iPhone X over this one. I will never use* wireless charging (I've done that; I want my battery to last as long as possible, and the heat and more inefficient charging of Qi just conflicts with that long-term battery health I want from this phone), and I cannot think of any other major reason to have a glass-backed phone at this point.

So, not mad at Apple, I agree that blaming Apple is silly, but - it's IMHO too bad that they went all glass again, particularly in a way that's so hard and expensive to repair.

* Well, I fired up my old Tylt Qi charger from 2014 the other day just to see how it worked with the X. A lot better than it did with my old Moto phone, actually... but that's the last I'll use it.​

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
1. In your opinion, which iPhone, in and of itself, is the best one Apple has made?
2. Of all of the iPhone models, which is the fastest in terms of processing speed?

It’s been a minute since I last been here. My answer to that question has changed since the new iPhones came out. Before I would’ve said the 4/4S design was brilliant, but now I’d have to go with my iPhone XS. I know what you are (were) getting at. Technically the newest iPhone is the best iPhone, but it’s been overused imo.

“The fastest iPhone we’ve ever made.” It better be the fastest iPhone you made, no ones buying a phone slower than last years mode.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Parents try and teach their children responsibility and accountability.

The children peers teach them that kicking and screaming about something will get them what they want regardless of responsibility or accountability.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Parents try and teach their children responsibility and accountability.

The children peers teach them that kicking and screaming about something will get them what they want regardless of responsibility or accountability.

When my adult kids were children, they wouldn’t dare act out like that because they knew I would kick ‘em through a brick wall if they did.....

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
When my adult kids were children, they wouldn’t dare act out like that because they knew I would kick ‘em through a brick wall if they did.....

If you so much as yell at your kids wrong these days there's always someone around ready to call CPS. Times are different and too many adults think they have the right to interfere in how parents parent their children.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, not most of the time like before. Most parents have no business being parents.

I've always found it humorous that we have this opinion yet we never stop to think about where these parent's we are talking about learned to be parents.

Whatever happened to the idea of children growing to be the adults their parents raised them to be? If we are critical of current parents/adults...should we not look at the generation who raised them? Lol.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've always found it humorous that we have this opinion yet we never stop to think about where these parent's we are talking about learned to be parents.

Which furthers my point of how many parents have no business being parents. If you weren't raised to be fit as a parent then why are you a parent?

Whatever happened to the idea of children growing to be the adults their parents raised them to be? If we are critical of current parents/adults...should we not look at the generation who raised them? Lol.

Uh, yeah. The baby-boomer generation had some really crappy parents.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you so much as yell at your kids wrong these days there's always someone around ready to call CPS. Times are different and too many adults think they have the right to interfere in how parents parent their children.

Yep, and because of that fear, a good deal of kids have a tendency of talking to their parents any way they feel and some have even struck their parents....Let one of mine try that. They’ll never be able to hit anyone again...(Laughing)

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

There’s a teacher who is in hot water here where I live cause he let loose on a student who was berating him for being disciplined. Extremely rude with insults and the like. Surprisingly the teacher has more support from the community than originally thought. It’s nice to see that.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
There’s a teacher who is in hot water here where I live cause he let loose on a student who was berating him for being disciplined. Extremely rude with insults and the like. Surprisingly the teacher has more support from the community than originally thought. It’s nice to see that.

The kid that threw the basketball at the teacher?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

^THISRIGHTHERE. Heck, I dare them to get outta pocket now...they don’t want it with me

And this wouldn’t scare me one bit!!! That’s the problem in the US, people are too scared to patent. I have young nieces/nephews & random people don’t even look my way when I have to discipline the kids. I wish somebody would say something to me Spankings & firm disciplinary convos are not the same as beatings and verbal abuse...people need to chill.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73