What Workout or Watch App to use for Crossfit?

I

iMore Question

I, once in a while, do CrossFit, which is a very intensive hour-long workout.

I just got my first Apple Watch Series 4 (non cellular). Which workout in the Workouts app on the watch, or any third-party app, would be best suited for CrossFit?

I need to track calories burned and just general activity information like heart-rate etc. Anything that can be tracked.

There is not specific “Crossfit” workout in the Workouts app, so which would correspond mostly to a 30-40 minutes high-intensive all-body workout?

Also, will the Watch track the same information if I put it on the inside of my wrist to protect the glass during a workout?

One sweats a lot during a Crossfit workout or a run. I got the sports band from Apple. Is it advisable to get another band to be used when not doing workouts, but just going about the day? Alternatively, how does one clean the watch band in the best manner?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As for as cleaning the sports band, simply use a mild soap and water and then dry it with a towel. In regard to a CrossFit app, hopefully others will reply with their recommendations soon.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore! I was actually talking to my trainer yesterday about your query! I get that the silicone bands don't work for many people, especially during an intense workout. If I were you, I'd get a sports loop band just for your workouts. You can clean them in hot soapy water, but I would keep your daily bands free from all of that. Perhaps you could carry an extra band in your gym bag. There are a good many 3rd party bands on sites like Amazon that cost a fraction of the real deal.

Also, You may want to consider signing up for an account here on iMore. That way it's easier to connect when you have specific questions. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!