What was your first console?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
This should be fun with varying age groups and we can probably make this a two part question as well.

1. What was the first console you played on?
2. What was the first console you owned?

For me the first console I played on was a NES, my great grandpa used to sit on the couch and watch us young ones play Super Mario.

The first console I owned however was a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. I owned the Genesis myself and my mom had the Mega Drive version.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
First "console" I played on was the original Pong and the first one we actually owned was the Atari 2600. I actually went through two 2600's. I still have some of the game cartridges. I had the system still, but it wouldn't turn on after 30+ years of sitting.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
My first console would have to be the PlayStation 2® 😁 (both owning and playing on) so many good memories with that thing. Many many hours of game play. I even got 2 memory cards for it (8MB) so I could store all my games. What I liked most was, a new version didn't come out like 2 years later and we could enjoy our console for like 4 years before something better got released or the rumours started

It was about 3 years ago when my PS2 finally broke down and called it quits. That's basically 15 years. To me, that's some fantastic build quality. Looking to pick up a PS4 Pro this year.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Can't remember if it was a nes or sega master system that I played on first but my first console I owed was a snes. Used to love my Commodore 64 before that. Those were the days. The young ones these days will never know the struggles of loading a game via tape!

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Magnavox Odyssey 100 was my first console. Played two games: Tennis and Hockey. First computer was a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It was an Atari 5200 (I think), but my kids have had the following:

Sega Genesis
Sega Dreamcast
Game Boy
XBOX
XBOX 360
PlayStation
PS3
PS4
Wii

Last edited:

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
1) It was probably an Atari at a friend's house circa 1978. It had Pong. My parents got a Fairchild Channel F shortly after that.

2) Not counting handhelds, I didn't personally own a console until Nintendo Wii. I was always a Mac/PC gamer.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
First console I played and owned was NES. Parents bought one shortly after release. Mario/Duck Hunt, Track and Field, Double Dragon, Metroid, and Top Gun. Good times.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97Shenae59