what to know or do before restoring as new

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I am going to restore my iphone to new later on today and was wondering if there is anything I should do or know before doing so? I'm obviously going to back it up before I begin.

After the phone is restored will I need to download all the apps in itunes again or will they remain on my computer? Does the phone need to be reactivated? What are the risks of that?

Any other thing I should be aware of?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I am going to restore my iphone to new later on today and was wondering if there is anything I should do or know before doing so? I'm obviously going to back it up before I begin.

After the phone is restored will I need to download all the apps in itunes again or will they remain on my computer? Does the phone need to be reactivated? What are the risks of that?

Any other thing I should be aware of?

A restore as new is baically like reformatting your HDD and reinstalling the OS. It will only effect the iPhone and nothing else. Any media, apps, etc will remain on your computer; make sure your music is on the computer or it will be lost.

Why are you restoring as new? Are you having some problem with your iPhone?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Battery issues. It was suggested that I restore as new.

Well restoring as new is normally the last thing you do before you call/visit Apple.

Are you having excessive battery drain after an update? Did you try anything else such as deleting an exhcnage account and adding it back?

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I never thought of the exchange idea. I will try that now. I think I will wait until Sunday to do the restore. In the meantime I will abuse my battery and see how it works.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I ended up just doing the restore as new today. It did fix the battery issue. I would normally get an hours usage before it reaches 90% but had been getting 15 minutes usage. After the restore as new and a full charge the usage/ percentage is where I expect it to be with my usage pattern.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I ended up just doing the restore as new today. It did fix the battery issue. I would normally get an hours usage before it reaches 90% but had been getting 15 minutes usage. After the restore as new and a full charge the usage/ percentage is where I expect it to be with my usage pattern.

15 mins and down 10%, that's horrible. Glad you got it fixed.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy at this point. My phone has become a very valuable business toll for me and the battery drain was making me think of going back to BB. I should slap myself for even thinking that way.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought I would post a screen shot of my usage after doing a restore as new today. All data usage and one 5 minute phone call. I probably spent 30 minutes adjusting all the settings in the apps. No iPod use.

I was getting about 4 hours usage at the 50% mark before 4.3.

Thoughts?

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I am very happy at this point. My phone has become a very valuable business toll for me and the battery drain was making me think of going back to BB. I should slap myself for even thinking that way.

Slap away!!! I had to slap myself a few times when the thought of going back to the BB world came to mind. I love my iP4.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if you had tried a full cycle charge? It is very simple. Just let the battery run down to under 20% and then do a 100% re-charge. It worked for me.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ion628, i do not think your usage, so far, is too terrible. there are a lot of factors that go into usage, as you already know

i think the important part here is that it has improved and if you are happy with it. no need to constantly worry or obsess about it all the time. i have found when i do this it just simply ruins the "experience" ... just use the device like you normally would and enjoy it :)

also, keep in mind this is temporary anyways until the next OS is released, then we can praise or complain about that one :D

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
no need to constantly worry or obsess about it all the time. i have found when i do this it just simply ruins the "experience" ... just use the device like you normally would and enjoy it

Exactly what I told myself yesterday. Stopped worrying about it since it has improved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox