What to expect at WWDC 2017

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Of course, we all want to see new hardware at WWDC 2017, but that's no guarantee. Last I heard it 'could' happen, but no one really knows at this point.

What we CAN count on? macOS 10.13, iOS 11, and updated versions of tvOS and watchOS. Chances are we'll see some other small announcements too, but these are the biggies.

What are you most excited about for WWDC 2017?

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Looking forward to the usual operating system updates. As far as hardware goes I don't have high hopes but I wouldn't be surprised if something's announced, particularly for the less common Apple hardware platforms, such as the TV and watch.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have this sneaky suspicion we will see that new 10.5" iPad launched. Hardware announcements are normally slim pickings at events like this but I think it would be a good time to announce since there will be so many product refreshes later in the year.

Maybe, just maybe, we could see a Amazon Echo equivalent launched. Something like Google Home. 😃

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm all set with devices for now (until the next iPhone is announced) but I'm always very interested in seeing what Apple does from a software standpoint. Since I'm a user of iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS I'm always excited to see what new or improved functionality I can expect from my gadgets a few months from now.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have this sneaky suspicion we will see that new 10.5" iPad launched. Hardware announcements are normally slim pickings at events like this but I think it would be a good time to announce since there will be so many product refreshes later in the year.

Maybe, just maybe, we could see a Amazon Echo equivalent launched. Something like Google Home.

I think Apple owes the pro community some love—and finally realizes it—so I wouldn't be surprised to see more "Pro" announcements than we normally would at WWDC.

There are a few rumors surrounding an Echo-like device. I would welcome it, especially with several rooms in my home full of Hue lights.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think Apple owes the pro community some love—and finally realizes it—so I wouldn't be surprised to see more "Pro" announcements than we normally would at WWDC. There are a few rumors surrounding an Echo-like device. I would welcome it, especially with several rooms in my home full of Hue lights.

That would definitely be nice. More love for PRO users. :) Even if Apple doesn't specially announce Macbook (pro) refreshes and just quietly updates their website, i would still be happy with that. Obviously if they are releasing a new product, like the 10.5" iPad that would definitely make the cut for a verbal announcement. Lets wait and see, only a couple days to go.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
With how stingy Apple has been with hardware and iOS lately, I'm excited to see what new features iOS 11 brings. Hopefully a good number of improvements as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW