What tips do you have to save battery life?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There is always discussion about battery life on the forums. What tips do you have to save battery life on your iPhone? Is it turning off background refresh on certain apps, adjusting screen brightness or something else. Let us know what you do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go through each and every settings and disable whatever you don't need. Various games will insert settings that cause pop-ups to display at various intervals so be sure to check the settings thoroughly.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why I need notifications for useless things I barely check, so I switch them off.

Also if I don't do Location Tracking for an app, I disable it.

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have auto brightness set on my screen. I only use notifications for my necessary apps and reduce motion is set to on.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I keep my brightness set as low as I can - auto brightness off, location off - including system services - unless needed for video streaming apps, I keep wifi or cellular data on depending on what I'm using and turn the other off, turn off background app refresh for all apps, turn off cellular data for apps that only need it for ads and nothing else, lock my phone when I'm not using it, go though all setting and turn off anything I don't need or use, turn off iCloud since I don't use it, turn off notifications for apps that I don't want to receive notification for, I turn off Siri since VoiceOver does what I need to do so I don't use unneeded data, I turn LTE on only if I'm in an area with good LTE coverage, I have my date & time set to manual, I have everything turned off in the today view in notification center so only the date is showing, Bluetooth off, and I close my apps if I'm not using them.
I think that's it.

What I suggest to others to get the most out of your battery life is to turn off anything you don't need or use or is redundant.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have a cable at my work computer, my lab bench, my bed, and my personal computer. Any time I sit down I plug in my iPhone. I never disable or turn anything off. I'm paying a lot of money for a phone that has all these advanced features. I refuse to turn them off. If I didn't want to use them all the time I would have bought a flip phone.

I use auto brightness and don't use bluetooth. But other than that everything is on all the time, same with my Moto X.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR