What time will you arrive at the Apple Store on launch day?

What time will you be getting to the Apple Store on launch day?

• I never leave the Apple Store.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • 3 AM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 Am

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 5 Am

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • 6 Am

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 7 Am

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Whenever I get around to it... I got presale

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • When they get White iPhones in stock

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I am not getting an iPhone 4... NEVER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bucketofried

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking about what time us that may have missed out on presale should arrive at the Apple Store in order to get a phone. I am planning on getting there at five. This will be my first launch day experience. What time are you getting there?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Since mine is reserved, I will arrive at 7. I'm not gettin there any earlier. I aslso have one being shipped via At&t as well

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
My best advice: Think of the earliest time you imagine a crazy person would get up so they can drop $300 on a phone. Then go an hour earlier than that. Bring a camp chair or something to sit on because you'll be standing outside for hours before the store even opens. Hopefully the people in the Apple store are nice enough to notify everyone in line where the "cutoff" is so that you only spend 5 hours in line until you go home instead of spending 8 hours in line just to be told they're sold out.

I went through this hell on the 3G launch and had to do it for 3 days in a row before I could get one. This time around, I pre-ordered and refuse to stand in a long line. I DO live in Las Vegas...too hot for lines :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My best advice: Think of the earliest time you imagine a crazy person would get up so they can drop $300 on a phone. Then go an hour earlier than that. Bring a camp chair or something to sit on because you'll be standing outside for hours before the store even opens. Hopefully the people in the Apple store are nice enough to notify everyone in line where the "cutoff" is so that you only spend 5 hours in line until you go home instead of spending 8 hours in line just to be told they're sold out.

I went through this hell on the 3G launch and had to do it for 3 days in a row before I could get one. This time around, I pre-ordered and refuse to stand in a long line. I DO live in Las Vegas...too hot for lines :)

Last year they gave us cards with the color and GB we wanted. If we got the card, we were gauranteed one.

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Last year they gave us cards with the color and GB we wanted. If we got the card, we were gauranteed one.

Sounds about right. I was in the Town Square line as well. They even passed out water for us :) I didn't bring a chair and the little window cutout sucked to sit on :p

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sounds about right. I was in the Town Square line as well. They even passed out water for us :) I didn't bring a chair and the little window cutout sucked to sit on :p

yeah I bought mine at Town Square last year too. But got mine a week after release though. Went thru about 3 bottles of water lol. This time I chose the Forum Shops since its all in doors

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
My Apple store is inside a mall. And that's a good thing too. We're experiencing mid to upper 90's temps here in the southern part of the U.S.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Since mine is reserved, I will arrive at 7. I'm not gettin there any earlier. I aslso have one being shipped via At&t as well

If you get there earlier you get out earlier. So basically if you show up with 7, you are going to be in a long line of preorders and not get out of there till 8, if you get there at 6am you might be out of there shortly after 7.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If you get there earlier you get out earlier. So basically if you show up with 7, you are going to be in a long line of preorders and not get out of there till 8, if you get there at 6am you might be out of there shortly after 7.

Id rather have sleep. Plus I dont have to be into work until 10am and dont want to drive all the way back home so that is fine if I wait for awhile

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't usually go to bed until 3 am anyways so staying up a couple hours later shouldn't be too difficult. I just want to be at least in the first 10 people bc I seriously don't wanna deal with the drama. Haha. Just gimme my new toy!! :-D

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I live in Massachusetts with a 6.25% sales tax but live 12 miles from New Hampshire with a 0% sales tax so that's where I'll be heading. I pre-ordered mine and plan on meeting a co-worker how also reserved on at the same store around 7:00am. If this is anything like the iPad launch day on which I got there 15 minutes after it opened I had to wait just over an hour. The people who got there before and up to 7:00 were in and out in less than thirty minutes.

Either way at least I'll have company and it's in a mall so it will be climate controlled. Good luck to everyone on launch day.

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, but either way, according to you, he'll be there an hour. I'd rather wake up later and leave later than the opposite. But I want mine as soon as possible so I'll be there early regardless. :D

CHiRS

Sep 24, 2008
chrislae.posterous.com
For the launch of the 3G, I arrived at my local mall a little before 3am and there were already 2 people in line. By 6am the line was getting pretty long. The mall opened it's doors at 8am and Apple opened at 9am. This year's iPhone launch is gonna be huge. Oh, and where's the option for 2am? :D;):D

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
For the launch of the 3G, I arrived at my local mall a little before 3am and there were already 2 people in line. By 6am the line was getting pretty long. The mall opened it's doors at 8am and Apple opened at 9am. This year's iPhone launch is gonna be huge. Oh, and where's the option for 2am? :D;):D

The mall opened its doors at 8 but you were there since 3?? Did you cut a hole in the sky light and fall in like a secret agent?

Haha. :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
grass is always greener

My Apple store is inside a mall. And that's a good thing too. We're experiencing mid to upper 90's temps here in the southern part of the U.S.

Can I have your weather please??? here in toronto we're having some bi-polar a$$ weather ughhh GL to everyone on opening day :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73