What things can I turn off in the phone settings to extend battery life?

Kaitlin Kaschak

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
so as some of you know i recently bought an iphone 6S ebay seller said it was an off-lease phone new in box but taken out of the box and inspected before resale. ios says the battery health is at 81% which isnt bad. but the battery ddoes seem to drain a tad fast i.e. i charge it to 100% and withing two hours its down to 70-80% my old windows phone would only drop 2% per hour lol, anyhow on to my question

i mainly use this iphone 6S for calls texting the ocassional app i.e. food ordering apps low end games and the like? what things can i turn off in the phone settings to extend battery life? my windows phone had a battery saver mode where it would turn off thinghs like bluetooth and other non needed phone settings to conserve battery i love this phone but deff wanna optimize it as best i can

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: question about the battery on my 6S

I wouldn’t now.
Whenever I’m low on battery and want to save it, I enable Low Power Mode from control center.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately with the battery health at 81%, there may not be a lot you can do to preserve the charge though the day. I’d keep a charger and/or battery pack available.

sinime

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Side note... I sometimes miss my old WP.

Regarding the battery at 81% health, once the Apple stores open up, you may be able to take it there and get a new battery installed. I'm not sure of the price, but I think it's somewhere in the ballpark of $60-$80.

My biggest tip for saving battery life is to not play Pokemon Go. Although I'm not good at taking my own advice.

FWIW my Xs is about 1.5 years old and its battery health is at 87%. Not sure if that is a normal health reduction for 1.5 years of use or higher than normal because of not following my own battery saving tip???

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The big 3 battery users are Screen Brightness, Location Services, and Push notifications. Other than those, streaming, videos, and gaming use a good bit. You will definitely need a new battery soon. You'll be fine for a while, as long as you don't mind having to charge several times a day.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2