What the hell is a PUK code?

snakester9

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Having really bad luck with refurbished iPads...

First one I get has crap under the screen, so I bring it back to the apple store. I get amazing support from them, guy comes out with a brand new refurbished one, shines a flashlight at it to let me see that there's no dust under the screen, puts the sim over and sends me on my way. Note, that I had turned off 3G right when I activated it, as I only turn it on when I need it, because I get awful signal at my house and it destroys the battery.

Turn on 3G on this one today, and it comes up and asks me for a SIM PIN. Ok, I figure, it's probably my debit card pin or something. Try 3 different numbers, and nothing works. Now the damn thing says SIM locked in the corner instead of AT&T and is asking for a PUK code with only 10 attempts...

Does anyone have any idea what I'm supposed to do here? I'd rather not have to go back to the apple store, because although they've always been good to me, it's also a hell of a drive. Id like for this thing to just work, and it's really annoying because I was planning on using the 3G on it tomorrow, but now I guess not. Help?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Having really bad luck with refurbished iPads...

First one I get has crap under the screen, so I bring it back to the apple store. I get amazing support from them, guy comes out with a brand new refurbished one, shines a flashlight at it to let me see that there's no dust under the screen, puts the sim over and sends me on my way. Note, that I had turned off 3G right when I activated it, as I only turn it on when I need it, because I get awful signal at my house and it destroys the battery.

Turn on 3G on this one today, and it comes up and asks me for a SIM PIN. Ok, I figure, it's probably my debit card pin or something. Try 3 different numbers, and nothing works. Now the damn thing says SIM locked in the corner instead of AT&T and is asking for a PUK code with only 10 attempts...

Does anyone have any idea what I'm supposed to do here? I'd rather not have to go back to the apple store, because although they've always been good to me, it's also a hell of a drive. Id like for this thing to just work, and it's really annoying because I was planning on using the 3G on it tomorrow, but now I guess not. Help?

Sounds like a lock code on the sim the puk is a code I think att has if u enter that wrong it disables the sim and u have to get a new one

snakester9

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a lock code on the sim the puk is a code I think att has if u enter that wrong it disables the sim and u have to get a new one

Ok I suppose I'll try giving AT&T a call tomorrow. Not looking forward to it as I know some people that have their iPhones through AT&T (mines through vzw) and they say the tech support is clueless.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok I suppose I'll try giving AT&T a call tomorrow. Not looking forward to it as I know some people that have their iPhones through AT&T (mines through vzw) and they say the tech support is clueless.

This is strange... if you're with VZW, you should not have a SIM, and thus, no PUK SIM code should be necessary.

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Puk code is set by network as a secondary security against forged pin codes. You should have the puk with your sim card packaging otherwise contact network provider to unlock the sim.

Don't try puk code if you don't know it. After three times u get it wrong will void the sim and no way to get it back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods