What the F did Saurik do to the new mobilesubstrate upgrade?!?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I already installed it! The second I did, I rebooted the springboard, and from that second I've been in safe mode!

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
That didn't help at all. I've tried three times to reinstall. This is really pissing me off. Now I have a jailbroken iPhone that can't do anything.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If I remove mobilesubstrate, then there is no safe mode, and theorhetically, my phone will keep crahing, correct?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I need to start typeing thingings out I am typeing from my iPhone sorry.
Restore iPhone
Re-Jailbreak

Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ahh, I see. Because so far, I'm out of luck. I tried reinstalling mobilesubstrate, I tried reinstalling winterboard, I even double checked ToneFX because I had a custom unlock sound. No luck on any of it. I didn't have ANY of these problems until the SECOND I upgraded that goddamned mobile substrate.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Not sure it's mobile substrate. I have the newest version on my 3GS & jailbroke a3G and 3GS today, both of which I installed the new mobile substrate on.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah but I don't understand -I installed it. All hell broke loose. Everything worked BEAUTIFULLY until the second I installed it.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes, safe mode is a savior. Without it your phone will just die. Restore it to before the jailbreak and be on your way. BTW, what method did you use to jb. I am hearing many crashing and issues like this with redsn0w. I used purplera1n. Never had an issue/

johnburkhard

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ahh this happened to me yesterday, I was screwing around with jailbreaking and iNav themes, had to re-install mobile substrate and noticed that if I resprung too soon it would freeze the phone.

Restore your phone in iTunes.

Do not restore from backup; new install.

Re-jailbreak. Reboot.

Install Cydia. Update and reboot.

Install Mobile Substrate; wait about 2 minutes when it's done.

Respring, then reboot. Install Winterboard.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I updated mobilesubstrate this evening without any issues and I'm using winterboard. Like a previous poster said, it's likely a conflict with another JB app. What other apps do you have.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PedroWagner