What storage options are you guys thinking?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't have to be an SD, but micro-SD ... You get the idea.

Too many issues with sd type storage. Even the big Android OEMs like Moto and HTC are moving away from it with the exception of Samsung cause they need every feature they can get to taut how "awesome" their phones are.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a 16gb with my 4S and now have a 32g with my 5. I will probably stick with 32 even though I know I won't get anywhere close to using all the space, but it's good to know I have it if I need it.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Apple will never include expandable storage because of how slow it is and because they can't control it. It would have to be formatted to Apple's liking because of the specific file types they use and would have to be very closely monitored by them somehow.

A side note, I'm probably going to get the 2nd tier storage option no matter what that ends up being. I may opt for the 32gb if that's the 1st tier but we'll see.

behrhardt

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to understand how cloud storage affects local storage. Can you guys help? When I say...upload several photos to google drive app (using iphone 5), the goole drive app local usage increases effectively NOT freeing up local storage. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of cloud storage from a mobile device? I ultimately wanted to upload several photos to a "cloud", to free up space on the phone so I can update to ios7, but its moving space from one place to another. Make sense? Help.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
32 GB is plenty large for me. I just can't see a need for anything larger than 64 GB on a phone.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen